Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

I don't know about anyone else but that was pretty much the lineup I was expecting.

Guthrie and Lovenkrands not fully fit, what other options have we got?

Could have dropped Nolan into midfield and given Vuckic a chance in behind. Or played Ameobi up front with Carroll.

Obviously he's not just going to throw on Vuckic to make his Premiership debut as a starter. Really can't say as to whether Ameobi would be appreciably better than Nolan. Worth a shot I suppose.

I don't know about anyone else but that was pretty much the lineup I was expecting.

Guthrie and Lovenkrands not fully fit, what other options have we got?

Could have dropped Nolan into midfield and given Vuckic a chance in behind. Or played Ameobi up front with Carroll.

:thup:

It's just my opinion, I'm not claiming it as fact or owt. Tiote coming in means someone will probably go out. I reckon it'll be Guthrie (and wouldn't be happy about it).

I'd be shocked if Guthrie went, as he was bought as one of the future and will get better and better in my opinion.  Letting him go and keeping the £60k a week 29 year old Smith seems nuts, but I know the club is no stranger to doing nuts things.

It's just my opinion, I'm not claiming it as fact or owt. Tiote coming in means someone will probably go out. I reckon it'll be Guthrie (and wouldn't be happy about it).

I'd be shocked if Guthrie went, as he was bought as one of the future and will get better and better in my opinion. Letting him go and keeping the £60k a week 29 year old Smith seems nuts, but I know the club is no stranger to doing nuts things.

It's more about who wants them than who we as fans don't rate. Guthrie would raise £4m, Smith wouldn't.

I'd be shocked if Guthrie went, as he was bought as one of the future and will get better and better in my opinion.  Letting him go and keeping the £60k a week 29 year old Smith seems nuts, but I know the club is no stranger to doing nuts things.

It's more about who wants them than who we as fans don't rate. Guthrie would raise £4m, Smith wouldn't.

See what your saying, but letting Smith go to another club on the cheap would save us £6m on wages plus any fee we get would be a bonus.