Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

Villa fan in peace. Our squad has been announced as:

Friedel, Guzan, Warnock, Dunne, Davies, Beye, L Young, Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Ireland, Downing, A Young, Carew, Bannan, Delfouneso, Hogg, Heskey, Osbourne, Clark, Lowry, Baker.

Pity Gabby's not fit. The team will will probably pan out as

Friedel

L Young Dunne Clark Warnock

Albrighton Petrov Ireland Downing

A Young

Carew

Always liked Newcastle - my step daughter is at Uni there - so I find all this childish "we'll put your teeth down your throat" stuff a bit  :nope:. It's only a fooking game.

Here's to a good game, and here's hoping for a Villa win.  :smitten:

Thought you supported West Ham?

Friedel, Guzan, Warnock, Dunne, Davies, Beye, L Young, Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Ireland, Downing, A Young, Carew, Bannan, Delfouneso, Hogg, Heskey, Osbourne, Clark, Lowry, Baker.

Friedel

A Young

Carew

Always liked Newcastle - my step daughter is at Uni there - so I find all this childish "we'll put your teeth down your throat" stuff a bit  :nope:. It's only a fooking game.

Thought you supported West Ham?

Not a chance, Villa to the core. I'm not too keen on them Landahn clubs.

From what I saw of Wet Spam last week, you need not worry about staying in the Premiership. They are absolute pants.

I agree, but then the actions of your fans was one of the most pathetic things I've seen at a football match from a club which we have little or no connection to. Don't be surprised if some of our lot are a bit pissed off.

Friedel

A Young

Carew

If that's how Villa line-up, playing two strikers is a must.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/08/20/peter-lovenkrands-in-frame-for-nufc-return-72703-27102567/?

Peter Lovenkrands in frame for NUFC return

Aug 20 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON is expected to go with a more attacking strategy in Sundays clash with Aston Villa.

The United boss is hoping to have Peter Lovenkrands back available and could well start with the Dane alongside Andy Carroll after he missed the loss to Man United with a groin strain.

Danny Guthrie has also been back in training after a knee problem which would leave Hughton to perm two from four in central midfield, with Guthrie, Alan Smith, Joey Barton and skipper Kevin Nolan all in the running.

Sol Campbell has been in full training but Hughton continues to assess his fitness on a day-to-day basis with Fabricio Coloccini and Mike Williamson favourites to start the game in the heart of defence.

:thup:

Based on that:

Harper

Perch  Colocinni  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge  Nolan  Barton  Jonas

Carroll  Lovenkrands

Even better if we can get Guthrie in there.

The oddest thing I saw that day was after the game and walking outside the Holte End,a group of "fans" walked headlong into the Villa leavers,there were about 15 of them,and the "leader",waltzed up to one of the Villa lot,and in a broad Brummie accent said come on then,and the sparked out the nearest Villa fan.The victims mate then said "you're bang out of order Geordie.",totally oblivious that they'd been ambushed by a group of Birmingham fans.

Now I don't condone football hooliganism in the slightest,but I must say when they accused the perps of being Geordies,I literally laughed loudly acquiring several disgusted looks from Villa fans.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/08/20/peter-lovenkrands-in-frame-for-nufc-return-72703-27102567/?

Peter Lovenkrands in frame for NUFC return

Aug 20 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON is expected to go with a more attacking strategy in Sundays clash with Aston Villa.

The United boss is hoping to have Peter Lovenkrands back available and could well start with the Dane alongside Andy Carroll after he missed the loss to Man United with a groin strain.

Danny Guthrie has also been back in training after a knee problem which would leave Hughton to perm two from four in central midfield, with Guthrie, Alan Smith, Joey Barton and skipper Kevin Nolan all in the running.

Sol Campbell has been in full training but Hughton continues to assess his fitness on a day-to-day basis with Fabricio Coloccini and Mike Williamson favourites to start the game in the heart of defence.

We need to go 4-4-2,

Friedel

A Young

Carew

If that's how Villa line-up, playing two strikers is a must.

Don't be fooled by the fact that you have never heard of Ciaran Clark. Despite his name, he is an England U19 (captain), U20 (captain) and U21 international and is a very bright prospect - one of several we have high hopes for.

Guest palnese

Anyone else worried by the prospect of Colo against Carew?

Yes, but I'll think they should be worried about Carroll vs Dunne as well.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Anyone else worried by the prospect of Colo against Carew?

Hopefully we'll put Mike up againt Carew instead of Colo,

I've got a good feeling about this one. Dunno why.

Same. Mind with 4-4-2 and a decent lineup, I reckon we'll be a test for most teams at SJP this season.

Morale is going to be a big thing this season. If we get a tonking this week we'll struggle but if we string a couple of decent results together at home (possible given our fixtures) it will stand us in good stead.