Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's imperative that we play two up front for this. Our best chance of staying up will be our results at home - so we need to give it a go, whoever we play.

If Loven's fit he should be up there with Carroll

It's imperative that we play two up front for this. Our best chance of staying up will be our results at home - so we need to give it a go, whoever we play.

It's just as imperative that Nolan isn't one of the two.

We don't desperately need Campbell at the moment anyways. Coloccini and Williamson looked quite comfortable at centre back for the majority of the Man Utd game.

No cover for them though.

Hughton sees that Perch can also play CB, so that's another option for him if Williamson/Colo get injured while Campbell's not fit

That's scary.  He's a bit slight to play in that position I would have thought.

Did very well with Colo there against Deportivo.

It's just as imperative that Nolan isn't one of the two.

Totally.

As opposed to ourselves, who will of course remain sombre, reflective and respectable at FT come May when we send WBA down :lol:

Well I started to type this sort of response than.. well thought you know what.. some would aye but not as far as Villa went with us.

Not in a million years, man. I remember when we sent Palace down in 95, no animosity whatsoever.

Guest BooBoo

I cant stand the Captain Sensible approach of "Oh the Villa fans were just having a laugh. We would have done exactly the same and we should get over it as we're too touchy." Frankly I want them smashed on Sunday (unlikely as that is).

Those that tend to be the most aggrieved about their behaviour tend to be those who were there that day.

Guest toronto-newcastle

For my very first post on this forum, I will be bringing some of the genuine Canadian positivity.

I predict a 1-0 win.

Guest Ice__Mag

Harper

Perch

Colo

Willi

Enrique

Routledge

Barton

Guthrie

Gutierriez

Carroll

Lovenkrands

Think it will prob be nolan in for guthrie though. Must play with 2 strikers!

Guest BooBoo

I think it will be the same team other than Guthrie in for Smith. We might as well accept that if Nolan is fit, he will start every game.

I cant stand the Captain Sensible approach of "Oh the Villa fans were just having a laugh. We would have done exactly the same and we should get over it as we're too touchy." Frankly I want them smashed on Sunday (unlikely as that is).

Those that tend to be the most aggrieved about their behaviour tend to be those who were there that day.

i don't think we would've done the same tbh. first of all i don't think there's any newcastle fan out there that bothered about a club like aston villa to go to the trouble of making huge banners and the like. my reaction was that i didn't know they cared that much about us cos we certainly don't about them. they seem to have a huge thread about our demise on their forum which is odd. in fact that day is probably the first time newcastle fans have ever had cause to even pay attention to such a boring club (no offence brummie).

secondly the default attitude in any case would likely to be sympathy mixed with banter, talking to fans in the pubs after telling them they'll come right back up, wish them luck and so on. as Ronaldo says we sent Palace down with a 3-2 win in the 90s and i don't recall any animosity then.

Guest andrew

Nailed on to be

Harper

Perch Will Colo Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Barton Guti

Nolan

Carroll

we'll still line up in a 4-4-1-1

Harper

Perch  Colo  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge  Guthrie  Barton  Jonas

Carroll  Lovenkrands

Is what I'd play. Pretty much what most of us would have called our strongest line-up (disregarding injured players) last season, don't see why we should comprimise that by playing twats like Smith just because we're in the Prem now.

It's a home game ffs, we should just go for it.

Harper

Perch  Colo  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge  Guthrie  Barton  Routledge

Carroll  Lovenkrands

Is what I'd play. Pretty much what most of us would have called our strongest line-up (disregarding injured players) last season, don't see why we should comprimise that by playing twats like Smith just because we're in the Prem now.

It's a home game ffs, we should just go for it.

If only.