Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Stephen927

Very sloppy performance from him but there was a few times he had no options ahead of him so had to hold onto it for too long or try a risky pass.

Holy s***. Just flicking through here, but are we on the 'body language' kick with Tiote in place of Enrique, now? :lol:

Well only geordiemonster and Ethi.

Ah. Meh. :thup:

I think everyone has to be realistic though and realise that he probably is on the radar of clubs like Chelsea or Man U (simply because he's a f***ing good player) and that they probably can afford to spend £20m+ on him and that there'd be something wrong with him were his head not turned by links to these clubs.

Probably the most important thing is that he has a price and the buying clubs know that.

Very sloppy performance from him but there was a few times he had no options ahead of him so had to hold onto it for too long or try a risky pass.

wasn't that that got to me, it was the amount of ball he lost whe he had it/didn't win which he would have last season.

Holy s***. Just flicking through here, but are we on the 'body language' kick with Tiote in place of Enrique, now? :lol:

I think everyone has to be realistic though and realise that he probably is on the radar of clubs like Chelsea or Man U (simply because he's a f***ing good player) and that they probably can afford to spend £20m+ on him and that there'd be something wrong with him were his head not turned by links to these clubs.

Probably the most important thing is that he has a price and the buying clubs know that.

Fair enough, out of the players who are most likely to go next month, Tiote is probably the most likely. But I personally don't think he looked like a player tonight who clearly wants out. Just looked short of match fitness to me.

Pretty confident he won't leave next month but summer is another matter....

Fair enough, out of the players who are most likely to go next month, Tiote is probably the most likely. But I personally don't think he looked like a player who wants out tonight. Just looked short of match fitness to me.

I still think there is a fair chance at least one player will leave in Jan and our most saleable assets are Tiote, Colo, Ba and Krul.  Any of the other three will have a far more detrimental impact I reckon.

Its obvious we rate players on game by game performances and tonight he had a shocker but some of the over reactions :lol: we seen early season after he missed a chunk of training that he takes time to get his match sharpness going, he can only do that by playing.

We have maybe 6 irreplaceable players at this club and he is one of them.

Its obvious we rate players on game by game performances and tonight he had a shocker but some of the over reactions :lol: we seen early season after he missed a chunk of training that he takes time to get his match sharpness going, he can only do that by playing.

Who are the six?

Who are the six?

Tiote

Colo

Ba

Krul

Cabaye

Obertan?

we dont have any irreplacable players at this club. few clubs do.

Who are the six?

Who are the six?

Tiote

Colo

Ba

Krul

Cabaye

Obertan?

Krul

Colo

Tiote

Cabaye

Ba

and I am including HBA in this list

That's my NEVER sell at any price 6 players.

Fair enough, out of the players who are most likely to go next month, Tiote is probably the most likely. But I personally don't think he looked like a player who wants out tonight. Just looked short of match fitness to me.

I still think there is a fair chance at least one player will leave in Jan and our most saleable assets are Tiote, Colo, Ba and Krul.  Any of the other three will have a far more detrimental impact I reckon.

Don't think it's a more/less or owt. Whichever of those left, it'd leave us a good few points adrift of what we could've got with them. Don't think we've got anyone that protect that back line as well as he does. Let's not forget that'd also bump Smith one more place up the pecking order to give us a few sub losses.

Who are the six?

Tiote

Colo

Ba

Krul

Cabaye

Obertan?

Ben Arfa, Santon in time I think.

Who are the six?

Tiote

Colo

Ba

Krul

Cabaye

Obertan?

Ben Arfa, Santon in time I think.

Was my guess, too.

He was shocking today, but he's still a key player for us. Tonight showed that whilst he's normally great for us, he's some way off Chelsea/Man Utd level. People need to stop the hyperbole and accept that he's just had a bad night.

Well I don't know what the Enrique body language thread was BUT the fact is Enrique's body language suggested he wanted to leave and it is an undisputed fact that he no longer plays for us.....

Yes monster.... if this guy wants to leave he can i am not a big fan of people who can not pass balls accuratly his is the worst i have seen. 20 mil ha .... Mick's Helcophter should be used again...

Well I don't know what the Enrique body language thread was BUT the fact is Enrique's body language suggested he wanted to leave and it is an undisputed fact that he no longer plays for us.....

Yes monster.... if this guy wants to leave he can i am not a big fan of people who can not pass balls accuratly his is the worst i have seen. 20 mil ha .... Mick's Helcophter should be used again...

25mil ha you say ?

:lol: Are you on the wind up tonight?

Tiote always needs a few games after he has been out for a while to get back to his best.  He was poor early in the season after the pre-season problems and it was the same last year when he missed games.

You're right and I think people are seeing too much in his poor performances.

Tiote always needs a few games after he has been out for a while to get back to his best.  He was poor early in the season after the pre-season problems and it was the same last year when he missed games.

You're right and I think people are seeing too much in his poor performances.

i put his early season performaces  as much down to trouble forming a partnership with cabaye