Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tiote behind Yo and Sissoko? Jesus that sounds awesome.

Crying out for a 4-1-4-1.

Or a variation, as long as we've got 3 in the middle, one up top and pace/flair on the wings then we should win games hand over fist. The personnel is now there, there's no more excuses not to go for it and give average teams a hiding, particularly at home.

The personnel is now there, there's no more excuses not to go for it and give average teams a hiding, particularly at home.

I know what you're saying but it's pretty ironic you'd post that in this thread. He's generally lurked between passenger and liability against average teams at home.

Guest VegasToon

Tiote behind Yo and Sissoko? Jesus that sounds awesome.

Crying out for a 4-1-4-1.

Or a variation, as long as we've got 3 in the middle, one up top and pace/flair on the wings then we should win games hand over fist. The personnel is now there, there's no more excuses not to go for it and give average teams a hiding, particularly at home.

Completely agree.  Put Tiote right in front of the back 4 and let the other 5 up front go wild.

Problem is Tiote doesn't stay in front of the back four anymore.

He thinks he's the playmaker of the team. He lacks discipline positionally and in his tackling.

He's stopped playing the simple pass and opts for passes out of his range. He needs to stop dwelling on the ball and cut out the ridiculous shots from 40 yards.

Theres still a quality player in there somewhere though IMO, he just needs to get back to basics. If he does that he can still be a big player for us.

Guest Roger Kint

Problem is Tiote doesn't stay in front of the back four anymore.

He thinks he's the playmaker of the team. He lacks discipline positionally and in his tackling.

He's stopped playing the simple pass and opts for passes out of his range. He needs to stop dwelling on the ball and cut out the ridiculous shots from 40 yards.

Theres still a quality player in there somewhere though IMO, he just needs to get back to basics. If he does that he can still be a big player for us.

He must have done close to 10 really daft fouls yesterday. Two in the second half were pretty pathetic considering he isnt a 7 year old kid running round like a headless chicken. Not sure he should be brought back too quickly even if that means playing Perch at Spurs.

He needs to be told in no uncertain terms that he has to cut the costly mistakes out. With the quality he now has around him, there is no need.  He should have more options for getting rid of the ball.  We should be less dependant on him to kill the ball so agressively when we do not have the ball.

A week or two on the training ground, and I can see a massive improvement coming in his all round game.  Its going to have to.

I underestimated how much we've missed Cabaye.  I think Tiote may have been missing his pal as well!  Earlier in the season we were playing some horible football in a 4-4-2, Cheiky didn't shine at all.  The other times he's played in the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, he's not had Cabaye alongside him. 

He's been out of form, but he's been trying to do too much as his partners have been Anita, Bigi and Perch.  All defensive mids or mids that sit a lot deeper than someone like Cabaye.  If he can be deployed in the 2010-11, 4-5-1 Tiote role, with Cabaye trying the more creative stuff and Sissoko attacking.  I feel he can regain form and be an asset to the team again.

Whether or not he should start Saturday is another matter.  Perch has been solid enough, but I would have liked to have seen Anita get a game, especially against Villa.  Seeing as he hasn't had a look in, if it's a straight shootout between Tiote and Perch.  Then I'd go for the former everytime.  Especially as he's up against 'Scotty' Parker.  He's dominated him every time I've seen that battle live.

I underestimated how much we've missed Cabaye.  I think Tiote may have been missing his pal as well!  Earlier in the season we were playing some horible football in a 4-4-2, Cheiky didn't shine at all.  The other times he's played in the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, he's not had Cabaye alongside him. 

He's been out of form, but he's been trying to do too much as his partners have been Anita, Bigi and Perch.  All defensive mids or mids that sit a lot deeper than someone like Cabaye.  If he can be deployed in the 2010-11, 4-5-1 Tiote role, with Cabaye trying the more creative stuff and Sissoko attacking.  I feel he can regain form and be an asset to the team again.

Whether or not he should start Saturday is another matter.  Perch has been solid enough, but I would have liked to have seen Anita get a game, especially against Villa.  Seeing as he hasn't had a look in, if it's a straight shootout between Tiote and Perch.  Then I'd go for the former everytime.  Especially as he's up against 'Scotty' Parker.  He's dominated him every time I've seen that battle live.

Same here. Thought he was over hyped and not the player some of us made him out to be. Turns out I've not appreciated him enough more than anything.

His performance at the weekend was exceptional again.

Didn't catch the Norwich game, but a mate who has a season ticket there said he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch when he came on.  Despite him clearly not being match fit.

Was the best player on the pitch against Reading.  Scored a thunderbastard against Villa and was probably MOTM after Sissoko on Saturday.  I knew he was a miss, but I was too angry with some of our tactics and selections to appreciate how much he makes us tick. 

Such a classy player, yet he isn't afraid to get about the pitch and put a foot in.  Just wish he would stop feigning injury!

Guest expat in the pool

when is he due back at training.

think he'll be raring to go on saturday, after seeing the last 2 games he'll want to be a part of it especially in a mid 3 with cab and siss.

spurs will look at those 3 and shite themselves.    1-0 to us before we start

Just reading some of the comments on Cabaye and im glad some of you are coming around always wad gobsmacked at some of the stuff i read on here like "game passes him by" and bullshit like that.

Because he wasn't scoring or assisting dont mean he was letting the game pass him by he does heck of a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed.

Anyway on Tiote im intrigued to see how he performs hopefully its more like what we expect from him.

Tiote against Man Yoo with Cabaye and Sissoko in front of him :fwap:

Can't wait to see Tioté alongside our new signings.

Like Cabaye has shown in his recent performances I'm more than confident that Tioté will also get back to that level he was once performing at.

Can't wait to see Tioté alongside our new signings.

Like Cabaye has shown in his recent performances I'm more than confident that Tioté will also get back to that level he was once performing at.

:thup:

I love the mad bastard.

Guest nufc_89

Tiote was a beast when we played Spurs at home last season. I will always remember AP screaming at him "they can't fucking handle you", magical moment