Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

His performance was pure schizofrenia last night. Some excellent tackles and crosses, a couple of baffling decisions, attempted passes and tackles.

Needs to find balance in his game. I thought he was slightly better in 2nd half but still kept doing things he shouldn't.

Did he not get booked last night? :lol:  He must have committed 7 or 8 fouls!

All his hard work and a lot of tidy passes, completely undone by losing it 3 or 4 times 25 yards from our own goal.  Teams have wised up to that suicidal turn he always tries.  Good physical attributes, but he lacks a brain.

The reason Tiote makes more passes are quite evident when you watch the games. Think most teams by now has watched him enough this season to realize he isn't the tiote of the past, atleast with the ball at his feet. And they seem to manmark cabaye heavily to deny him the ball. When Cabaye is marked out Tiote is the only man beside him who can take the ball from defence to attack.

Yesterday was the first time I was frustrated with him, he made so many bad decisions in the attacking play and looked as he wanted to be the hero. Marv should have his position in the final third.

The reason Tiote makes more passes are quite evident when you watch the games. Think most teams by now has watched him enough this season to realize he isn't the tiote of the past, atleast with the ball at his feet. And they seem to manmark cabaye heavily to deny him the ball. When Cabaye is marked out Tiote is the only man beside him who can take the ball from defence to attack.

Not really. When played with Cabaye, he only makes around 10 more passes. With Cabs out, his pass numbers sky rocket up.

Cabaye is someone who demands the ball and will fo looking for it. Same thing with Tiote. Anita, Perch & Jonas aren't like that and will let games drift them by and pass the buck in possession. Siss plays too far forward to get involved as much.

I love Tiote. So i'm taking comfort in the fact he's played himself out of a move to a "big club". He made one hollywood pass last night, from the 200 he's attempted this season, somebody needs to tell him to keep it simple. Maybe play rugby league in training so he can constanstly pass the ball 2 yards sideways.

And whys he getting the armband ahead of Jonas?

There were times on the ball last night he looked as good as he ever has, then there were a lot times he was absolutely fucking wank.

His problem is simple - he doesn't get his head up enough. His general play is very good and passing great when he looks around but when he gets caught in his own little world of physical battles with the opposition he's a liability.

He has two shocking passes a game, which almost cost us a goal and he fouls so much that he is always going to either get sent off or give away a vital set piece/pen.

If he cuts those out of his game, he can play his part for us.

I love Tiote. So i'm taking comfort in the fact he's played himself out of a move to a "big club". He made one hollywood pass last night, from the 200 he's attempted this season, somebody needs to tell him to keep it simple. Maybe play rugby league in training so he can constanstly pass the ball 2 yards sideways.

Neither should be anywhere near the armband.

Back in the day, Tiote was perceived by opposition teams as a strength of ours. As we've upgraded Nolan, Barton, Lovenkrands etc with Cabaye, Sissokho, Gouffran etc, he's become a player that teams target as a weakness.

Anji targeted him specifically last night with a plan of letting him get on the ball and then double pressing him. It almost worked like a treat on 3 occasions in our half.

I honestly think we may be outgrowing Tiote. Because we're so capable in other areas, teams are letting him have the ball more than ever and his inadequacies are being highlighted more than ever.

Back in the day, Tiote was perceived by opposition teams as a strength of ours. As we've upgraded Nolan, Barton, Lovenkrands etc with Cabaye, Sissokho, Gouffran etc, he's become a player that teams target as a weakness.

Anji targeted him specifically last night with a plan of letting him get on the ball and then double pressing him. It almost worked like a treat on 3 occasions in our half.

I honestly think we may be outgrowing Tiote. Because we're so capable in other areas, teams are letting him have the ball more than ever and his inadequacies are being highlighted more than ever.

Oh hello Guus, was the flight back pleasing?

Neither should be anywhere near the armband.

Potentially because he's a French speaker?

If he would just release the ball when he collects it, even if that occasionally means doing a Parker and going backwards its still better than losing it in a ropy position, his off the ball pressing and movement has been very good in his last two games, but just seems to want an absolute lifetime on the ball, which is probably Perch's main strength, collects the ball and immediately looks for the pass.

I think he loves the adulation from the crowd which is why he goes in for that tackle a little harder, will try that slightly too difficult/fancy pass and will shoot when prompted to (which is far too much).

He needs one of those shit keep calm and.. things stuck above his locker. Keep calm and keep it simple.