Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

"Tiote isn't type to hurt anybody one, but will miss Chelsea and West Brom"

Correct decision.

Good to see that we are willing to sacrifice the extra money we might have pulled in for finishing in a higher position for the good of next season's campaign.

Indeed, and that Pards 'loves the boy'.

"Tiote isn't type to hurt anybody one, but will miss Chelsea and West Brom"

Correct decision.

Good to see that we are willing to sacrifice the extra money we might have pulled in for finishing in a higher position for the good of next season's campaign.

Good job the manager is Ashleys mate :safetywink:

If being his mate ends up with the right decision being made who cares?

I'm sure it's not the right decision to the thousands who've paid £50 or whatever to see us at Chelsea. Seriously needs to sort himself out in terms of bookings like it's fucking ridiculous we're in a position we're resting our most important player and sacrificing a top ten finish because of his indiscipline.

Take away his ability to tackle/harry midfielders and we've got half the player. That's his job, he's our destroyer and the law of averages says he's going to get it wrong from time to time. To be honest, the amount of graft he gets through, the amount of attacks he breaks up and amount of tackles he makes over the course of a season getting booked 14 times isn't the end of the world, particularly if you consider some of the poor bullshit bookings he's had. It comes with the territory. 

I wouldn't tell him to change any aspect of his game. Keep on doing what you're doing Cheik, it's phenomenal. :)

No Tiote for the rest of the season = finishing below the mackems.

The fact is, we're now both safe and on level points so this is all we have to play for.  If Pardew/the board can't see this then I despair.

5-1 bragging rights out the window if it happens anall.

The fact he's never got 2 yellows in one game suggests he CAN consciously tone his play down at bit. Which is what Pardew might have to suggest to him.

There's got to be a happy medium available here. We obviously can't have him reluctant to make challenges.

I don't mind him sitting out the next two games, he had a fantastic first season but it still is his first season and there is alot to learn for him, our season is pretty much done and  he can now focus on getting some rest and a good pre-season. will also give the rest a chance to prove themselves.

No Tiote for the rest of the season = finishing below the mackems.

The fact is, we're now both safe and on level points so this is all we have to play for.  If Pardew/the board can't see this then I despair.

5-1 bragging rights out the window if it happens anall.

TBH I'm glad the club aren't making decisions based on whether we're likely to finish above Sunderland or not.

Don't get me wrong, any other week in the season other than when we play them I couldn't give 2 shits about the fuckers, but on occasions like this I think we should, it's what rivalries are about.

And not only that, our fans will have shelled out a lot of money to travel to London, think they're owed that we try and finish the season strongly and play a full team.

Take away his ability to tackle/harry midfielders and we've got half the player. That's his job, he's our destroyer and the law of averages says he's going to get it wrong from time to time. To be honest, the amount of graft he gets through, the amount of attacks he breaks up and amount of tackles he makes over the course of a season getting booked 14 times isn't the end of the world, particularly if you consider some of the poor bullshit bookings he's had. It comes with the territory. 

I wouldn't tell him to change any aspect of his game. Keep on doing what you're doing Cheik, it's phenomenal. :)

There's a lot in what you're saying there. We have to expect that he's going to pick up a lot of bookings. It's a matter of cutting out the ones where he's frustrated or angry and lunges in without any prospect of getting the ball.

An underlying problem is we've got no back-up for his role when he's banned. Hopefully, that's something that Pardew will address.

Don't get me wrong, any other week in the season other than when we play them I couldn't give 2 shits about the fuckers, but on occasions like this I think we should, it's what rivalries are about.

And not only that, our fans will have shelled out a lot of money to travel to London, think they're owed that we try and finish the season strongly and play a full team.

Surely you must know by now, that the last thing this ownership cares about is us fans.

I keep saying it and nobody listens.

The owner wants and has set out for his target,improvement year upon year .

To put some substance on my point,it is harder to improve next year if we finish higher up the table.

And thus he has to spend less outlay.

To put some substance on my point,it is harder to improve next year if we finish higher up the table.

So we're deliberately trying to finish lower down the table, so it's easier to improve next season?

So we're deliberately trying to finish lower down the table, so it's easier to improve next season?

Surely we'd be scraping survival if that was the case?

We aint a million miles above it are we?

I felt the January transfer policy fitted this theory  too.

Surely it's not out of the realms of possibility to ask him to complete tone it down, no silliness and play a disciplined game for an hour say then bring him off? Really can't be doing without him considering our injury list.

Surely you must know by now, that the last thing this ownership cares about is us fans.

Don't fans care about next season? I know I do.