Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The only alternative really would be to play him now and make sure we get two winnable fixtures to start next season without him.

what?

Games that are winnable without him.

yeah, the bit i don't understand is how we make sure we get them?

The only alternative really would be to play him now and make sure we get two winnable fixtures to start next season without him.

what?

http://datingsymbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bag-of-money.jpg

what?

we haven't got any man, the labour government left us in such a terrible position by signing michael owen

what?

we haven't got any man, the labour government left us in such a terrible position by signing michael owen

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew to reverse his decision now the prem race is back on?

They were his comments

I'd risk him against WBA final game so we can finish in the top half. No point against Chelsea as we've no chance, but we have a great chance final game to get 3 pts. Think it was Ronaldo that pointed out he's never had two yellows in a match, therefore he can control it. I'd rather have a reserved Tiote on the pitch than a fully committed smith or Guthrie, we really need to win that last game, we need to finish ahead of WBA since they are our promotion rivals this season, it would probably put us ahead of Sunderland and gives us a chance to finish top half.

Agree with TT,I'd play him against West Brom.

why try and protect him for next season when we don't even know who we'll be playing against?

it doesnt matter who we're playing against, we'll be considerably better with him than without

Won't one game be a league cup game against shite anway?

He could get injured for the start of the season and miss a bunch of games yet we finish outside the top ten this season for nothing.

Resting him against Chelsea but playing him against WBA cuts his chances of being booked in half. I'd run with that, those final 3 ps are massive, and would e even bigger say we lose our last two and Sunderland pick up a point against wham, they'd be hell on.

But he might not get booked?

he's pretty likely to imo. i know it's a dodgy area because we should be trying our best to win every game, but i think as a club there's more to be gained from having him available for the start of next season than playing either of the next two games.

you do realise it'll be alan smith starting in midfield next season if tiote's banned?

plus - new signings, new team direction, new way of playing? he's gonna be instrumental, we need him there from the start.

bollocks to where the mackems finish man, us being a better team next season is way more important

We're going to miss him for the ANC next year anyhow so don't be surprised if some depth is brought in.

That's why I don't really get why he's being rested.. it's like saying 'We won't have anyone else to play in his place, we're fucked without him'.

They have to be looking to have back-ups brought in, don't they? Competition for places is healthy.

They should be giving him the chance now (as in match practice) to tone down his frequent yellows.

We're going to miss him for the ANC next year anyhow so don't be surprised if some depth is brought in.

That's why I don't really get why he's being rested.. it's like saying we won't have anyone else to play in his place, we're fucked without him.

at least they're telling the truth for once, albeit in a roundabout way

Wouldn't play him at all.  One or two league spots, safe as we are, isn't worth risking him being absent for three games against anyone next season.  It doesn't matter who we play, the start of that season right now holds priority over the difference in our possible finishing positions.