Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, he's f***ing rubbish like. I cannot stand Pardew at all, but I don't believe for one second that Pardew tells Tiote to go out there and do anything that results in him consistently misplacing passes (especially high up the field when he's the last man) and try to Cruyff turn three players on the edge of his own box. Everything else can be accounted to management, and I agree that he's being misused, but I still think he's a fundamentally stupid player.

Yet he still produces some of our better long range passes and is a better crosser of the ball than Jonas. He's not the brightest spark but he needs to keep it simple and he'll be fine. Again, a management issue for me.

He does what now? He's better a crosser than Jonas? Most people are, that's not in any way a positive attribute, it just means that he hasn't put in 99.9% horrific crosses for nigh on 4 years.

Tiote is a good all round player. He's quick, aggressive, good in the air, can hold the ball under pressure and can pass. His biggest problem is his ego, where he starts imagining himself to be Glenn Hoddle. For me, a strong manager would sort that out. It's like Eric Cantona under Howard Wilkinson vs Eric Cantona under Alex Ferguson.

I think we'll just have to disagree mate, I honestly think he's none of those things.

Nah, he's f***ing rubbish like. I cannot stand Pardew at all, but I don't believe for one second that Pardew tells Tiote to go out there and do anything that results in him consistently misplacing passes (especially high up the field when he's the last man) and try to Cruyff turn three players on the edge of his own box. Everything else can be accounted to management, and I agree that he's being misused, but I still think he's a fundamentally stupid player.

Yet he still produces some of our better long range passes and is a better crosser of the ball than Jonas. He's not the brightest spark but he needs to keep it simple and he'll be fine. Again, a management issue for me.

He does what now? He's better a crosser than Jonas? Most people are, that's not in any way a positive attribute, it just means that he hasn't put in 99.9% horrific crosses for nigh on 4 years.

Tiote is a good all round player. He's quick, aggressive, good in the air, can hold the ball under pressure and can pass. His biggest problem is his ego, where he starts imagining himself to be Glenn Hoddle. For me, a strong manager would sort that out. It's like Eric Cantona under Howard Wilkinson vs Eric Cantona under Alex Ferguson.

I think we'll just have to disagree mate, I honestly think he's none of those things.

That's okay, I've seen fans on here wishing we had Kevin Nolan back so not really surprised.

Hard to disagree with some of that. He'll always be prone to doing something a bit daft, but if he's used correctly he'll do far more good than bad. Never a 20 million player but pure defensive midfielders seldom are as, more often than not, they're not particularly great footballers.

Guest firetotheworks

That's okay, I've seen fans on here wishing we had Kevin Nolan back so not really surprised.

One opinion doesn't equal another. You can't really discredit my opinion with a statement that doesn't apply to me.

I'm actually with Ronaldo somewhat on this one. Only games he seems worthy of our shirts in the last 12 months or so has been against the top clubs. There's no point in having him when we have to controll games as he causes more trouble than help us out offensively.

His pathetic attempt of a shot with his left that he fluffed completely was enough for me from him today.

I'm actually with Ronaldo somewhat on this one. Only games he seems worthy of our shirts in the last 12 months or so has been against the top clubs. There's no point in having him when we have to controll games as he causes more trouble than help us out offensively.

His pathetic attempt of a shot with his left that he fluffed completely was enough for me from him today.

I'd forgotten about that shot.  :lol:

One opinion doesn't equal another. You can't really discredit my opinion with a statement that doesn't apply to me.

I didn't, I just pointed out that people see things differently from their own limited perspective.

He shouldn't be taking shots at goal. Why is Cabaye playing deep and making fouls in our half while Tiote is taking daft shots in the opposition penalty area?

Guest bimpy474

He shouldn't be taking shots at goal. Why is Cabaye playing deep and making fouls in our half while Tiote is taking daft shots in the opposition penalty area?

Pardew's tactical masterstroke......:(

I don't know why Cabaye is behind Tiote, it makes no sense on any level.

Guest bimpy474

I don't know why Cabaye is behind Tiote, it makes no sense on any level.

You do know why.....our manager the genius.

Guest firetotheworks

I didn't, I just pointed out that people see things differently from their own limited perspective.

Haha. Areet then Morpheous.

I hope to never see this prick wear the shirt again. He gives the ball away so fucking often, I couldn't give a shit about the 'battles' he wins or his 'presence'. Fuck off back to the Dutch league where you might actually appear to be slightly useful.

This is not knee jerk, btw. I've been saying this for a good three or four months now - the bloke is a fucking dickhead and a liability. Get him out before he costs us any more goals or points. He's just shit.

Cabaye is clearly the much better attacking player but he had an equally bad attempt :lol:

It reminds me a bit of the Parker/Emre dilemma we had, only this one is a lot easier to work out.

We've been saying for ages he should be instructed not to shoot, I'd go one further and fine him. That would include a modicum of analysis on our attacking game though and Pardew's not interested.

I thought he played well when tackling back and keeping it simple, but was on the ball too much and when he was on the ball slowed us down a lot by going backwards and sideways far too often when a quick incisive pass forward seemed to be on.

A few times we were on the edge of their area on the left only to go right back to Taylor and then Debuchy via Tiote.

Guest firetotheworks

The same people always seem to view performance as okay that others always view as shit. It must be a perspective thing because I can't fathom how anyone can describe his performances as anything other than really bad.