Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He's been a little turd for a long time, probably even as far back as that 3 - 0 home win against Man Utd.

He's at his best sitting deep, winning the ball and giving it away with a simple pass. When he holds it too long or ends up further up the pitch he gets found out. He can't shoot for shit (the 4th against Arsenal was a fluke) and he can't pass long either. He should never be ahead of Cabaye too. If we play him to his strengths and don't invite him in to positions he is less effective in he'd look better for us.

Seeing him further up the pitch than Cabaye really baffles me. Cabaye is wasted that far back and Tiote is ineffective that far up. We can all see this yet the manager can't. What the hell is going on.

Tiote wants to press and Cabaye want too much time on the ball to make the pass and/or doesn't trust Tiote as the last man is how I read it.

I've said a million times on here that they don't compliment each other at all and frankly the situation is getting worse. We do need replacements for several first teamers in the summer and he's one of them.

Guest neesy111

Tiote wants to press and Cabaye want too much time on the ball to make the pass and/or doesn't trust Tiote as the last man is how I read it.

I've said a million times on here that they don't compliment each other at all and frankly the situation is getting worse. We do need replacements for several first teamers in the summer and he's one of them.

:thup:

I'd like to see the same squad working with a different manager before jettisoning anyone thanks. Wayne Routledge looks a different player under Laudrup at Swansea, I have no doubt most of our current players will start looking like superstars as soon as they leave.

WR doesn't look much different to me. He always had it in him and absolutely lit it up for us against poor opposition.

Always looked more of a 4-3-3 player than a working wide man in a rigid 4-4-2, mind.

Regardless, the point still stands. I don't want us selling players while Pardew is the manager, since I don't rate his ability to get them to play anything like to their potential.

Wayne Routledge was good, like, just limited. Our squad is crying out for players like him at the moment. No idea why we got rid of him.

Because we needed a better, more expensive replacement, like Obertan.

Remember Pardew saying something along the lines Tiote having more energy so he asks him to press higher up the pitch.

I do think all this 'He's our lion' and 'The New Essien' bollox has got to him. Football for him should be a simple game.

I still don't think what he's being told in the dressing room can be held accountable for his total lack of awareness, touch and passing ability. Even on his very best day (which we haven't seen in over a year) he adds to the overall lack of creativity and goals.

I hope to never see this prick wear the shirt again. He gives the ball away so fucking often, I couldn't give a shit about the 'battles' he wins or his 'presence'. Fuck off back to the Dutch league where you might actually appear to be slightly useful.

This is not knee jerk, btw. I've been saying this for a good three or four months now - the bloke is a fucking dickhead and a liability. Get him out before he costs us any more goals or points. He's just shit.

Do you know him on a personal level to call him a prick and a dickhead?

Wayne Routledge was good, like, just limited. Our squad is crying out for players like him at the moment. No idea why we got rid of him.

Because he's not very good that's why. Under Pardew's management he'd probably be no better than Obertan despite what Ronaldo tells you.

Selling Routledge wasn't a mistake but replacing him in the squad with Obertan was.

I hope to never see this prick wear the shirt again. He gives the ball away so f***ing often, I couldn't give a s*** about the 'battles' he wins or his 'presence'. f*** off back to the Dutch league where you might actually appear to be slightly useful.

This is not knee jerk, btw. I've been saying this for a good three or four months now - the bloke is a f***ing dickhead and a liability. Get him out before he costs us any more goals or points. He's just s***.

It hurts me to see people taking abuse to such personal levels, he's not been good enough but there is no need for any of this.

I hate how he just deletes himself from the game by pressing too quickly in the middle of the park. The attacker invariably just dances around him and his famous 'presence' is completely nullified. It's absolutely rubbish football; no guile or discipline.

The guy's fucking useless and I really hope we manage to sell him in the summer. I found it fairly tragic and disappointing at first, because when he first arrived he was the player we'd been aching for for ages. Now I'm just past caring - I think he's a tool for not trying to adapt his game having been utterly sussed by every midfield in the division. He still makes the same mistakes week after week, whether it's ridiculous attempts at goal - surrendering possession - or being poor in the tackle. Pardew has to take some of the blame for his total decline too.

I hope to never see this prick wear the shirt again. He gives the ball away so f***ing often, I couldn't give a s*** about the 'battles' he wins or his 'presence'. f*** off back to the Dutch league where you might actually appear to be slightly useful.

This is not knee jerk, btw. I've been saying this for a good three or four months now - the bloke is a f***ing dickhead and a liability. Get him out before he costs us any more goals or points. He's just s***.

I wonder the exact same thing. :thup:

I hate how he just deletes himself from the game by pressing too quickly in the middle of the park. The attacker invariably just dances around him and his famous 'presence' is completely nullified. It's absolutely rubbish football; no guile or discipline.

The guy's f***ing useless and I really hope we manage to sell him in the summer. I found it fairly tragic and disappointing at first, because when he first arrived he was the player we'd been aching for for ages. Now I'm just past caring - I think he's a tool for not trying to adapt his game having been utterly sussed by every midfield in the division. He still makes the same mistakes week after week, whether it's ridiculous attempts at goal - surrendering possession - or being poor in the tackle. Pardew has to take some of the blame for his total decline too.

In someways though it's a lot down to Pardew who you couple of days ago was willing to give another season to see if he really is a fraud. Tiote is an anchor man, no more to it, he can't play a good ball, he can't shoot and he definitely can't score. What he can do is tackle, win ball and put pressure on midfielders. Why the hell is he playing infront of Cabaye for most parts? It's embarrassing. I'd be willing to give him time under a new manager, but as long as Pardew is here we won't get the best out of this guy again.

Because he's not very good that's why. Under Pardew's management he'd probably be no better than Obertan despite what Ronaldo tells you.

Selling Routledge wasn't a mistake but replacing him in the squad with Obertan was.

Selling Routledge wasn't a mistake when Jonas Gutierrez ends up as part of a front 3? You're being daft, mate.

Selling Routledge wasn't a mistake when Jonas Gutierrez ends up as part of a front 3? You're being daft, mate.

No, Pardew said we'd be replacing WR with a better player. That turned out to not be the case.

Why the hell is he playing infront of Cabaye for most parts?

Because of his positioning. f***ing obvious, this.

This isn't down to the manager? How come his positioning was good last season for big parts but not this season when he has been moved forward a bit? I for one believe Tiote's positioning is down to Pardew completely.

Why the hell is he playing infront of Cabaye for most parts?

Because of his positioning. f***ing obvious, this.

This isn't down to the manager? How come his positioning was good last season for big parts but not this season when he has been moved forward a bit? I for one believe Tiote's positioning is down to Pardew completely.

No. Take Adam Johnson's goal as the example, and look at where he stands, and what's his decision.

I am a defensive midfielder in real life, and I can tell you a defensive midfielder can never allow anyone to take shot that easy in that position, never.  It is not down to Pardew or coaching.  It is just shit judgement and poor football intelligence.