Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest jeffers09

Just have to say was really impressed with him yesterday felt confident every time he was on the ball,looked  solid looks like a good find

Wonder what his passing percentage was, must have been in the high 80s at least.

Just had a look on The Guardian's Chalkboard feature, he made 43 passes, all successful. Interestingly (if you're a sad bastard like me), Enrique made more passes than anyone else on our team, 53. Jose  :fwap:

Wonder what his passing percentage was, must have been in the high 80s at least.

Just had a look on The Guardian's Chalkboard feature, he made 43 passes, all successful. Interestingly (if you're a sad b****** like me), Enrique made more passes than anyone else on our team, 53. Jose  :fwap:

Er, yeah, but only 42 successful

Just had a look on The Guardian's Chalkboard feature, he made 43 passes, all successful. Interestingly (if you're a sad b****** like me), Enrique made more passes than anyone else on our team, 53. Jose  :fwap:

I know, I was just surprised he'd attempted the most. I can forgive him the stray passes.

I know, I was just surprised he'd attempted the most. I can forgive him the stray passes.

I am a big fan of Enrique, but he still needs to cut out the fannying around sometimes. I'm not sure anyone would be as willing to forgive the stray passes if and when they inevitably lead to a goal or two for the opposition.

This really says it all...Alan Smith's chalkboard from the Blackpool match compared with Cheik Tiote's from the Everton match:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/54M9E95wk2r00064A2f6

The difference in mobility, activity, and obviously the result is astounding.

Astounding, but hardly surprising.

The fact that it was away, in his debut and against a much better side makes it even more impressive.

Not misplaced a single pass, now that is impressive :thup:

So, not a single misplaced pass? Excellent!

I'm sure that's not entirely correct.

I remember at least one occasion where he passed it to an Everton player as the commentator mentioned it as his first notable mistake.

I remember at least one occasion where he passed it to an Everton player as the commentator mentioned it as his first notable mistake.

I think he lost the ball in that instance more than misplaced the pass. Could be wrong though.

Ah well, still positive that theres only one or two misplaced passes. We are normally used to seeing 4 or 5 consecutive misplaced passes etc