Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Apparently David Moyes was at the game to see Smith he want to bid for him ...

Moyes would probably get more out of Smith that NUFC has tbh. Smith's gone stale here and it is time to move on IMO.

Played great today best game i've seen from him, but i'd still see him off if anyone was daft enough to take him.

I doubt Moyes was there to watch Smith btw, unfortunately.

We win 6-0 and people start picking holes already.. fkn hell this place at times is so fkn depressing.

:lol:

Tickles me that as soon as any of our players have a good game we're worried about other teams poaching them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just back from the game.  Totally unexpected, but totally deserved result - Villa are not bad team at all, but we made them look ordinary.  Only negatives were Harper's dodgy kicks and Guiterez who didn't look on top form.  Other than that we can take only positives into the next game.

I thought Gutierrez did well today, he linked up with Jose well and worked hard

Just back from the game.  Totally unexpected, but totally deserved result - Villa are not bad team at all, but we made them look ordinary.  Only negatives were Harper's dodgy kicks and Guiterez who didn't look on top form.  Other than that we can take only positives into the next game.

I thought that Jonas was good, he linked up really well with Enrique.

We win 6-0 and people start picking holes already.. fkn hell this place at times is so fkn depressing.

Tickles me that as soon as any of our players have a good game we're worried about other teams poaching them.

aye at least its kind of positive though.. the hole picking is stupid

If we have to talk negatives let's be honest there were really only two - Harper conceding the penalty and Shola demonstrating the raw ambulatory prowess of a municipal courthouse. 

Hmm, Harper was possibly the 'weakest' part of that team performance. Some of his kicking was terrible. After he had kicked it, he went through the motion of kicking again and again, so there must be something up with his hamstring or something.

Other bad parts were the Ref's inconsistent booking (unless you wore a Toon shirt and you'd get a yellow). And finally, Jonás was poor again (even in a good team showing). I'm finally fed up of him standing still waiting for the ball to be passed into his feet. The guy needs to learn to make forward runs off the ball!

Thought jonas had a much better second half and was good. Harpers kicking was embarrassing and that's why he was kicking out, in frustration nowt to do with an injury imo. We've all sat there kicking the ground (Carew) when we've fuked up on a pitch, i think that's all that was.

Ref was biased as fuk, though Barton's card was well deserved. Usually when a ref is that far off you lose 6-0 not win 6-0.

Routlede was s**** today mind , He dopes not know when too cross a ball , and when he does get the chance he does not know how to cross it

WTF, Routledge was excellent today, are you high ?

I thought Gutierrez did well today, he linked up with Jose well and worked hard

Him and Enrique totally nullified the Villa left winger who has done well previously. I know Routledge's delivery was woeful but he did provide us with a good outlet with his pace. Thought the wide men were important in that respect.

Joey Barton has just given an excellent interview on Talksport.

Team spirit sounds absolutely sky high. Spoke really well about how the whole squad are together and that they had a game plan today to stifle Petrov and Ireland. Basically, he read in the paper that Petrov was tipped to be the winner in a midfield of Barton v Petrov so he told Smith to take care of Ireland and he would sort Petrov out. Said Petrov disappeared after he tackled him (when he was booked).

Also had a dig at Andy Gray for tipping NUFC to struggle  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

aye at least its kind of positive though.. the hole picking is stupid

Much prefer the 'This was good, but this was Bad' in a match thread regardless of the result, rather than the 'We Win = WE'RE FUCKING AWESOME, OMG JIZZZZZZZZ TIME PARTY!' 'We Lose = ALL FUCKING SHIT, NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT-O-RAMA' that usually happens.

Guest secteur2010

Moyes would probably get more out of Smith that NUFC has tbh. Smith's gone stale here and it is time to move on IMO.

Played great today best game i've seen from him, but i'd still see him off if anyone was daft enough to take him.

I was gonna go today but fell asleep after nightshift so missed it. Woke up at half time to Mick Lowes (not literally) going on about it being 3 nowt and I thought we were getting hammered. How surprised.

He then got onto Smith and said he was immense today so far and listening to the second half I thought he done very well. But I would take sale for the lad as it will be a one in three/four games for Smith when he plays well.

I hope he proves me wrong.

I wish Univision gave a damn about Inglaterra. Dying for highlights.

Imagine them lasses in Toon shirts :fwap:

Yes, let's all imagine putting clothes on hot women :idiot2:

They arent going to be naked on a live sport programme man  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we have to talk negatives let's be honest there were really only two - Harper conceding the penalty and Shola demonstrating the raw ambulatory prowess of a municipal courthouse. 

Hmm, Harper was possibly the 'weakest' part of that team performance. Some of his kicking was terrible. After he had kicked it, he went through the motion of kicking again and again, so there must be something up with his hamstring or something.

Other bad parts were the Ref's inconsistent booking (unless you wore a Toon shirt and you'd get a yellow). And finally, Jonás was poor again (even in a good team showing). I'm finally fed up of him standing still waiting for the ball to be passed into his feet. The guy needs to learn to make forward runs off the ball!

Thought jonas had a much better second half and was good. Harpers kicking was embarrassing and that's why he was kicking out, in frustration nowt to do with an injury imo. We've all sat there kicking the ground (Carew) when we've fuked up on a pitch, i think that's all that was.

Ref was biased as fuk, though Barton's card was well deserved. Usually when a ref is that far off you lose 6-0 not win 6-0.

Nah it wasn't that.

He was going through the motion of a drop kick. Raising his hand up, palm open, and slowly swinging his leg through as if going through the kick in his mind. Still, you're right, probably not injury, just bad kicking.

Guest Chris P

Well. that was pleasantly suprising. Nolan is worth his excessive weight in gold and well done carrol. Although i thought Brad Freidle looked very old and over weight himself

As if, just there to watch Villa who Everton play next.

:dave: Hey now, god damn it....

Shola is our best...

Shit, I can't say that anymore.

Shola likes hats!

Just seems to watch the game go by too much. There was a point leading up to the 5th (possibly a little after) where everyone in a black and white shirt around him is swarming forward and he's standing still outside of the center circle looking for all the world like he'd just been teleported in from an alternate dimension.

I don't hate him or anything but it's well past time to let him go.

Hopefully now we'll get some more games on TV over here.

Live on Setanta, Mike, get yourself sorted, cheep git :p

:lol: That still exists?

It does in Canada, get a satellite and pick it up.

I was referring to Canada. :pow:

Guest optimistic nit

Routlede was s**** today mind , He dopes not know when too cross a ball , and when he does get the chance he does not know how to cross it

WTF, Routledge was excellent today, are you high ?

i thought routlage was poor compared to the others today tbh. he did good things but too often he would dribble into their players and he didn't get a single assist.

:dave: Hey now, god damn it....

Shola is our best...

Shit, I can't say that anymore.

Shola likes hats!

Just seems to watch the game go by too much.  There was a point leading up to the 5th (possibly a little after) where everyone in a black and white shirt around him is swarming forward and he's standing still outside of the center circle looking for all the world like he'd just been teleported in from an alternate dimension. 

I don't hate him or anything but it's well past time to let him go. 

That's the effortless brilliance of his game.

Joey Barton has just given an excellent interview on Talksport.

Team spirit sounds absolutely sky high. Spoke really well about how the whole squad are together and that they had a game plan today to stifle Petrov and Ireland. Basically, he read in the paper that Petrov was tipped to be the winner in a midfield of Barton v Petrov so he told Smith to take care of Ireland and he would sort Petrov out. Said Petrov disappeared after he tackled him (when he was booked).

Also had a dig at Andy Gray for tipping NUFC to struggle  :lol:

I thought Barton was good today. Out of the three slow central midfielders playing he's the one who actually has some ability and can make us play.