Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's a shame really, he's still one of our better players despite been non existant for the last few years. I like Ashley's approach on this though tbf. I just hope we don't sell him too cheap because we fear losing him on a free later down the line.

We'll get nothing for  him. He'll sign a pre contract on Jan 1 and that'll be it sorted. He's certainly not going anywhere this window with the long term injury.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

4. He can negotiate a new deal with any other club in January and leave on a Bosman.

No he cant, only clubs abroad with 6 months left, any club in England he has to wait till 6 weeks before his contract expires iirc

Would we still get a tribunal amount for him too since we offered him a new contract and he's an academy product? Think the fact he's 25 might count that one out, but not 100% sure.

Guest VegasToon

Maybe 4th choice.  He has potential but Williamson will only get better and we have youth in Travillier.   Sell the fucker and his dad.   I am sick of the media saga they create.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71043.msg2479806.html#msg2479806

:pow:

I just woke up.  Please forgive me.  James Tavernier.  I knew it at least looked French.

I see the bellends hold sway on this thread today.  I can't believe 145 of them can't recognise how good Sayler really is!  Although I must admit I would baulk at giving him £60k per week.  I might have offered £50k tops if he agreed to sign for 5 years and also agreed to a relegation clause dropping down to £25k per week.

Sweet zombie Jesus, you've just agreed with the people you call bellends.  :doh:

It's a shame really, he's still one of our better players despite been non existant for the last few years. I like Ashley's approach on this though tbf. I just hope we don't sell him too cheap because we fear losing him on a free later down the line.

We'll get nothing for  him. He'll sign a pre contract on Jan 1 and that'll be it sorted. He's certainly not going anywhere this window with the long term injury.

Doubt any foreign clubs will sign him up.

4. He can negotiate a new deal with any other club in January and leave on a Bosman.

No he cant, only clubs abroad with 6 months left, any club in England he has to wait till 6 weeks before his contract expires iirc

Would we still get a tribunal amount for him too since we offered him a new contract and he's an academy product? Think the fact he's 25 might count that one out, but not 100% sure.

No

I'm sure Mourinho use to rate him when he was young, can see him getting in their side as well tbh.

Guest Loven11

He's done nothing to justify 60k a week whoever has told him he has is clearly blind.

Exactly, he can fuck off if that's how much he is really wanting. As someone said earlier, I wouldn't even give him 40k nevermind 60k a week. Greedy bastard.

I'm sure Mourinho use to rate him when he was young, can see him getting in their side as well tbh.

3rd choice here, in the team at Real Madrid.  :lol:

I see the bellends hold sway on this thread today.  I can't believe 145 of them can't recognise how good Sayler really is!  Although I must admit I would baulk at giving him £60k per week.  I might have offered £50k tops if he agreed to sign for 5 years and also agreed to a relegation clause dropping down to £25k per week.

wtf lol

Guest michaelfoster

Has to be 24 or under i think

I can't believe that anyone genuinely thinks he should be paid 60k a week.

The only reason we should pay him 60 is to actively sell him in the next two windows.

We should offer him 40 and say when you get your first full cap you will go onto 60 and explain to him that only international defenders are worth that.

Guest Roger Kint

Person agreeing with stifler calls the vast majority bellends? :mackems:

Person agreeing with stifler calls the vast majority bellends? :mackems:

Someone poke off Bobs brain slug with a stick man

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wge62dkpLxo/SOaR51oe8tI/AAAAAAAAAD8/g97LvpSkiMM/s400/weird-futurama-brain-slug-man.gif

The 7 people who have voted for the "give him what he wants" should be strung up by their testicles and shot.

If bigger contracts where given out to lesser players (certainly in Taylors view) like Smith, Colo, Xisco who all arrived during Ashleys regime then Taylor I believe has every reason to ask for similar.

I admit the money being sought and already paid out to players (lets not forget Butt getting a contract renewal - Geremi) is grossly inflated to the point where renumeration has no correlation to actual ability or performance levels. Taylor has to fancy at his age he's better prospect than all those on more than he's being offered.

The "he's getting paid this much so I must be worth that much" argument is only going to get a player so far. If he's not worth it he'll just be told to fuck off. As will those players you and your mates keep harping on about (Colo, Smith etc) when it comes time to re-negotiate their contracts.