Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest Roger Kint

Theyve taken the email address off the statement now, must have had mackems emailing them.

Eh? :lol:

I can't remember which statement it was last year or the year before but it included an email address and loads of sunderland fans emailed them taking the piss.

That was selling the club.. this statement about Taylor never had an email adress

Read LLLO's post and assumed?

The ironic thing is that he sort of fits into the kind of player we would be looking to sign ATM.

Obviously not at those wages, but still... seems he would fit with the culture of our squad at the moment (if he wasn't hated by A-Train and others).

Theyve taken the email address off the statement now, must have had mackems emailing them.

I can't remember which statement it was last year or the year before but it included an email address and loads of sunderland fans emailed them taking the piss.

That was selling the club.. this statement about Taylor never had an email adress

Read LLLO's post and assumed?

Says it all about this club that someone would assume that :lol:

Anything over 2 million I'd take gladly, especially if the alternative is paying 40k/week for the next 36 weeks then having him leave for nothing. 

I think this is what's driving it, pure financial prudence basically. We seem to have worked out what the wage structure needs to be and we're now seeing the effects of it being implemented.

Yes, it will mean missing out on some transfer targets. Yes, it will mean some players leaving.

On the other hand, it will mean an end to spunking untold millions on overpaid wasters. I don't think Taylor is one of those, but he has to fall into line as well.

I, for one, am happy with this.

And to use this cunt as an example (not that there haven't been masses more of his kind here) but every time I think about what Michael Owen 'earned' during his time here I feel fucking nauseous.

Everyone should go ahead and prepare for the fact that if we sell him during the next week, we are not going to receive much of a transfer fee at all.  I'd guess no more than 2 million, but likely less.  Here's why:

1. He's injured until October - not only that, but it's a particularly worrisome injury in that it's easily recurring. 

2. He wants stupidly high wages, apparently.

3. Any team that's poor enough to be interested in him as a first-choice CB is likely not anywhere good enough to be able to afford his wage demands.

4. He can negotiate a new deal with any other club in January and leave on a Bosman.

Take all that into account and there aren't many options.  So don't be shocked when he leaves for 500k or something.

As if there ever was an email address in this statement :lol:

T H E Y   A R E   T A K I N G   T H E   P I S S  ;)

Wouldn't surprise me though they've done i before.

Guest Brazilianbob

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For f*** sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

Well said stiffler i totally agree. I remember most of the bell ends on here were glad when Milner etc went aswell. Probably worth a look back to see who they are and some will still unbelievably not see they were wrong (the biggest cretins of all). Coulden't believe it and was gutted myself, as the lads  quality was obvious, as is S. Taylor a quality player in my opinion. This will be another one of many we will live to regret IF he leaves, mark my words.

Big IF though still, as the lad clearly loves NUFC and hopefully this is the club forcing his hand and he'll decide to stay. If he doesn't stay we best get a replacement in very quickly as Colo and Willy look good so far (early days yet still) but if one or both get get injured we could be up s*** creek as no ones 100% sure if Campbells still up to it. Kadar's injured, still a bit young and better off as a replacement at LB for now.

Well said and I completely agree with these sentiments!

If we give him 60k how long before other players demand the same and when we have to renegotiate Colo, Bartons and possibly smiths they will all just point to Taylor and say "what he is having please"

If we give him 60k how long before other players demand the same and when we have to renegotiate Colo, Bartons and possibly smiths they will all just point to Taylor and say "what he is having please"

Problem is that would mean a paycut for all of them.

Wouldn't give a shit, but the fact his contract is running out concerns me about how much we'll get. Anything under 6m is shit tbh.

No chance. He just isn't worth £6m, even if he had 2/3 years left on his contract.

Wouldn't give a shit, but the fact his contract is running out concerns me about how much we'll get. Anything under 6m is shit tbh.

No chance. He just isn't worth £6m, even if he had 2/3 years left on his contract.

Of course he is man. The fact he's English adds at least £3m onto the price, for a start.

He is though, Anton Ferdinand went for 8m? Darren Bent 16m? There's loads more.

Of course he is man. The fact he's English adds at least £3m onto the price, for a start.

Aye, the fact he's English wrongly adds value to him.

Guest Brazilianbob

I see the bellends hold sway on this thread today.  I can't believe 145 of them can't recognise how good Sayler really is!  Although I must admit I would baulk at giving him £60k per week.  I might have offered £50k tops if he agreed to sign for 5 years and also agreed to a relegation clause dropping down to £25k per week.