Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest VegasToon

Williamson > Taylor

Im pleased with this really, because hes been holding the club ransom for a wage bracket he is nowhere near worth.

Not that I'm saying your wrong, but I'm suprised that so many are leaping to this conclusion because of two games in the Premiership.

How many good Premiership games has Taylor have?

Taylor will leave NUFC for a nominal 1 or 2m fee but is more likely to leave for ZIP at the end of this season. The will be little OR NO MONEY to be reinvested into a replacement.

I wonder how much people think it would cost to replace him with a player of similar ability/age/experience?

Taylor will leave NUFC for a nominal 1 or 2m fee but is more likely to leave for ZIP at the end of this season. The will be little OR NO MONEY to be reinvested into a replacement.

I wonder how much people think it would cost to replace him with a player of similar ability/age/experience?

Why would we want to replace him with a player of average ability/age/experience. Would prefer a youth prospect tbh. And how much will probably be a pittance/loan.

I think Williamson will replace him and he only cost 900k.

I'd say Marc Wilson would be available for a few million on far lower wages and has similar amounts, if not more, potential. I'm sure there are others too. I think Williamson looks like a steal and then the two at the back for Birmingham are great prospects (admittedly £5m and £3.5m but I'd wager a fraction of the wages). I think IF the £60k figure is correct (which seems to already have been denied) and we could get a couple of million for him, I'd rather cash in now. We have 3 CBs, 4 including Kadar who needs to be allowed to progress or he'll leave (someone again with good potential and at no cost whatsoever).

Also, it's not just about who we can replace him with immediately, we cannot afford to be that short term any more. If Taylor gets £60k then what do we look to pay Enrique when contract renewal time arrives? He's younger and twice the player already, so is he going to get £80-100k. What about Williamson if he stays in form this season? What happens if we sign Taylor up on £60k a week and he plays awful / is injured for the next two years? Do we then have to pay everyone that as a stock wage as the crap / permacrocked players are getting it? The money ain't there any more.

Williamson > Taylor

Im pleased with this really, because hes been holding the club ransom for a wage bracket he is nowhere near worth.

Not that I'm saying your wrong, but I'm suprised that so many are leaping to this conclusion because of two games in the Premiership.

They both played for us in the Championship, Williamson looked the better player then as well.

Williamson > Taylor

They both played for us in the Championship, Williamson looked the better player then as well.

Agree. Williamson looks so calm, never seems to panic which is very important for a central defender.

I can't believe that anyone genuinely thinks he should be paid 60k a week.

Exactly, he's had over 6 years in the first team and the only thing he'd be remembered for if he was sold tomorrow is being that local lad who had potential. He's not even worth £30k.

Exactly, he's had over 6 years in the first team and the only thing he'd be remembered for if he was sold tomorrow is being that local lad who had potential. He's not even worth £30k.

Must say I'm pleasently surprised by the percentage of rationale voting. I thought many would frame this as local geordie hero vs Ashley cunt...and inevitably vote for the former. 

If we were at SJP, the voting would be somewhat different. People with an oune of intelligence see straight through the likes of Steven Taylor.

Madras (who ironically, isn't the sharpest) hit the nail on the head about Smith turning 70-30s into 50-50s, Taylor is even worse for it.

He's released a statement saying £60k is wide of the mark, i'd like to hear official fees of what is being offered and demanded.

Must say I'm pleasently surprised by the percentage of rationale voting. I thought many would frame this as local geordie hero vs Ashley c***...and inevitably vote for the former. 

To be honest, that would be a tough call if it's Carroll who demand 60k ppw.

Guest Roger Kint

Steven Taylor says that the fee we are hearing (60k) isn't correct.

Where?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Taylor39s-agent-hits-back-at.6494642.jp

Hmmm guess that response was expected. Doesnt dispute that he wants over £40k as is also reported so either way he can get fucked imo. If he has been offered £40k which hasnt been denied so we must accept it, then thats a fantastic contract for a player of his ability.

Steven's disappointed to learn he was placed on the transfer list through a third party.

Bad form if that's true like.

Maybe he didn't want to go to the first two parties because he knew Carroll would be there?

Guest malandro

I’d remember the commitment he showed during our relegation season. If some of his highly paid colleagues had shown an ounce of his drive and determination we’d have stayed up.

Steven's disappointed to learn he was placed on the transfer list through a third party.

Bad form if that's true like.

The club doesn't do itself many favours, and it sounds just our style.