Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Last shirt I bought was a Saylor shirt :facepalm:

As someone said. Footballers aren´t even wordy £10k, not alone £60k if your name is Steven Taylor. Can´t stand players that thinks more of them self then the club.

Won´t be a loss either. Injured a lot the last few years and I reckon Williamson Sol and Colo will be before him. Think that even Perch can do the same kind of job. Hope that Kadar can bring himself togheter, then we won´t miss him a bit.

SELL!!!

We're going to get fucked like Marseilles is getting fucked over Ben Arfa.

There's no way we're getting fair value for him. I hope a club in desperate need of a CB comes in because if not, it's such a massive lost of opportunity.

If this is true, Taylor's burned his bridges. We've just been promoted to the Premiership and he asks for £60k. What the fuck has he done in his career to merit that? And what did he do last year to even think about asking for a contract like this? What a daft cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

Can you imagine the reaction when his agent asked for 60k man. :lol:

'Hahaha, good one, but seriously?'

'.......'

'.......hahaha, you're a funny guy.'

'.......'

'.......well I'll speak to Mike.'

'Mike, he's asking for 60k a week.'

'Hahaha, good one, but seriously?'

'.......'

As someone said. Footballers aren´t even wordy £10k, not alone £60k if your name is Steven Taylor. Can´t stand players that thinks more of them self then the club.

That's not his fault though that he's getting paid as much. If he thinks he can get £60k somewhere else, good luck to him.

If someone's willing to pay it, he's worth it. Think he'll struggle to find anyone though, especially at the moment.

For me, I'd want him to stay and play for us but only as a right back (and not for £60k per week). I think we have better options in the centre of defence at the moment.

I always thought of Saylor as a guy who goes hand in hand with the club; local, academy guy, etc. But, he hasn't been anything special over the years, and when I actually think about him leaving it's not that big of a deal, it just seems like it is for whatever reason. Glad to see we're standing firm on this and hopefully we can use some of this money if a sale happens for another player.

He has potential, which makes us selling him cheaply - the most likely event - highly irksome. Like I said in the other Taylor thread, he's got all the physical attributes and I suppose he's just at the age where defenders start to mature and fully develop, so I think he's going to continue to develop. Maybe he's a future England international, maybe not, but it'd be a shame for us to lose him now because Campbell is a short-term buy. It'd be much nicer to have him in the squad for the next few years because he's a good cover at RB as well.

Honestly, he could realistically be worth £10-12m if he has one good season in the Premiership, but selling him now is the only way we're going to recover any money so I suppose it must be done.

I actually think Taylor leaving Newcastle would be good for him because I think he can't control his emotions when he plays for us because he wants to be this Geordie Hero, flying in to every tackle and trying to mark everyone on the pitch. Moving away would open his eyes and he would cease to think that he's the big fish in whatever city he moves to, and that'll help him immensely.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

David Craig spent 5 minutes explaining how popular Steven Taylor is with Newcastle and the fans. Then SSN showed several clips of fans saying they're not bothered he's going as he's disruptive/not very good/asking for too much money.  :mackems:

Most of the evidence points to the fact he's a bit of a cunt and if he's wanting parity with the likes of Colo etc he can fuck right off. Coloccini isn't worth 60k a week, so Taylor certainly isn't either.

I'd like to think his transfer fee will go towards another addition in a more "needed" area of the pitch (Ben Arfa ;)), although i doubt out it. Taylor's far from a loss to our squad, in fact it may well be a positive thing to lose the most disruptive influence in the squad.

If anyone was going to leave the club, he was.

He has potential, which makes us selling him cheaply - the most likely event - highly irksome. Like I said in the other Taylor thread, he's got all the physical attributes and I suppose he's just at the age where defenders start to mature and fully develop, so I think he's going to continue to develop. Maybe he's a future England international, maybe not, but it'd be a shame for us to lose him now because Campbell is a short-term buy. It'd be much nicer to have him in the squad for the next few years because he's a good cover at RB as well.

Honestly, he could realistically be worth £10-12m if he has one good season in the Premiership, but selling him now is the only way we're going to recover any money so I suppose it must be done.

I actually think Taylor leaving Newcastle would be good for him because I think he can't control his emotions when he plays for us because he wants to be this Geordie Hero, flying in to every tackle and trying to mark everyone on the pitch. Moving away would open his eyes and he would cease to think that he's the big fish in whatever city he moves to, and that'll help him immensely.

Completely agree.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This will not end well

He will go for a pittance or see his contract out. We have done it with Gosling and before him, Gutierrez, finding loopholes in contracts.

It was bound to happen to us at some time

1 year left on his contract Taylor is worth 4-5 million

Under contract (3+) he could probably warrant a 10milion fee, as he is young, english, premiership experience etc

Agreed. Very good point there :thup:

Williamson > Taylor

Im pleased with this really, because hes been holding the club ransom for a wage bracket he is nowhere near worth.

Not that I'm saying your wrong, but I'm suprised that so many are leaping to this conclusion because of two games in the Premiership.

1 year left on his contract Taylor is worth 4-5 million

Under contract (3+) he could probably warrant a 10milion fee, as he is young, english, premiership experience etc

No way in hell Taylor's worth 10 million no matter what sort of a contract he's under! What has he done to deserve to be demanding such a contract? Always injured and no better than Williamson who's making around 10K a week. Guess what happens if Taylor gets his contract!