Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Steven Taylor can only dream he can one day be as good as Mike Williamson, let alone Fabriccio Coloccini. Comparisons are moot.

Will that be the Mike Williamson who had a good second half of last season for us (after Taylor had a good first half) and has been inconsistent in the Premier League (er, like Taylor)?

Needs time to get match fit.

Youre hate for Williamson is getting tiresome. I'd say the two of them are quite equal in ability and Williamson isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be.

Needs time to get match fit.

Youre hate for Williamson is getting tiresome. I'd say the two of them are quite equal in ability and Williamson isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be.

defensivly possibly, going forward, taylor wins every time.

TBH, he needs to stay.  He'd only end up going to a smaller club, since he hasn't exactly set the world on fire recently.

Also we need him as it's likely that one of our three CBs will be out at any one time (Colo, Williamson, Saylor) and Kadar is still not ready to be a front line CB, although I think he will be in a couple of seasons.

And Campbell can get to fuck.  I'd rather play one of our youth team players than him!

Guest Geordiesned

I'm unsure about Steven Taylor. I think he thinks he deserves a high wage and I don't think he does.

He's always had a massively overinflated opinion of himself.

Would be so unfair for Williamson if Taylor was awarded with a contract of 60K a week! Wouldn't be near as bad as you're guys making of it if he's gone in January. Unfortunately it's on a minimal fee though and it's better anyway than for free in the summer :rolleyes:

I'm unsure about Steven Taylor. I think he thinks he deserves a high wage and I don't think he does.

Even his agent knows Steven doesn't deserve a pay rise but he's still trying :) it's his job anyway and let's say 5% fee of such contract would be a massive payday

I only want players here worth their wages and want to play for us 100%. Problem is he's paid slightly more than he's worth already, so any increase is putting a huge gulf in talent/wage ratio.

Disappointed in this of course, but were miles bigger than this bighead and we'll move on without him. It's better for the club we don't pay him any more than our last offer and actively sell him in the window. Back to the bench, played his last game.

See ya.

Would rather lose him than offer him what he wants. A local lad who claims to love the club holding the club to ransome like a foreigner, forget him. He's not good enough to be pulling that shit off. He's an alright player, but nowhere near worth going back to our old cycle of 'he's on a lot so I want parity' and offering money to players that really aren't worth it.