Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seen a few people saying "If he gets a full season next year". The chances of that happening are slim to none I'm afraid. Better to treat any extended run of appearances by him as a bonus.  Shame because he has really improved his game in the last 3 years or so.

Seen a few people saying "If he gets a full season next year". The chances of that happening are slim to none I'm afraid. Better to treat any extended run of appearances by him as a bonus.  Shame because he has really improved his game in the last 3 years or so.

Oh yeah, I agree it's unlikely he'll stay fit.

22 starts in all competitions this season so far, more than the previous 2 seasons (11/12- 14; 10/11 - 12). 4 short of matching his most appearances in 5 seasons.

Hopefully it's a sign that his injury worries are behind him.

Guest icemanblue

22 starts in all competitions this season so far, more than the previous 2 seasons (11/12- 14; 10/11 - 12). 4 short of matching his most appearances in 5 seasons.

Hopefully it's a sign that his injury worries are behind him.

I thought it was obvious, what with posting directly beneath it, that this was the culprit. This, coupled with the Fletcher injury posts, has made me uneasy. There's an imbalance in the Earth's jinx forces.

England: 1. Joe Hart, 2. Glen Johnson, 3. Ashley Cole, 4. Steven Gerrard ©, 5. Joleon Lescott, 6. Chris Smalling, 7. James Milner, 8. Michael Carrick, 9. Danny Welbeck, 10. Wayne Rooney, 11. Tom Cleverley.

Substitutes: 12. Kyle Walker, 13. Ben Foster, 14. Leighton Baines, 15. Steven Caulker, 16. Frank Lampard, 17. Scott Parker, 18. Leon Osman, 19. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, 20. Ashley Young, 21. Jermain Defoe, 22. Daniel Sturridge, 23. Fraser Forster.

Would have liked to see Chamberlain ahead of Milner/Cleverley so we had some sort of pace on the wings. Actually what am I talking about. I don't even care.

Is Taylor the only one who didn't make the bench?

Feel sorry for him. Some reason I'm imagining all week they have been humouring him like a kid who won a prize or something and gets to train with the England team.

He's comfortably playing as well as any of the others currently. Plus the fact he is the only one of the CB's who is actually first choice at his club currently.