Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Great block, but he's been good at that for most of his career (including the sniper incident). That's my beef with him, some parts of his game are good, other parts are poor and he'll try to mask them.

For example, penalty aside, I still think he was a tad disgraceful at times today in the way he backed off/ran away. There was one occasion where it was extremely blatant because he nearly ran into a teammate to get away from an attacker. IIRC he was the closest man to Bale, who was running free down the left flank, and instead of coming across to close Bale down as most centrebacks would do (and despite being in a good position to do just that), he turns his back and runs in the opposition direction to where Coloccini is already standing - wtf was that about? Surely someone also noticed this? Luckily Bale made a bad decision and nothing came of that instance.

Truth is he's always got a mistake in him but he's had a great start to the season and he's earned the right to a f*** up without consequence imho.

I wouldn't event call it a "fuck up" honestly, think he could've done better yes but Adebayor was looking for the penalty and i think 9 out of 10 defenders would've react the same way, otherwise he played great as he's done since the last few games of last season.

Truth is he's always got a mistake in him but he's had a great start to the season and he's earned the right to a f*** up without consequence imho.

I wouldn't event call it a "fuck up" honestly, think he could've done better yes but Adebayor was looking for the penalty and i think 9 out of 10 defenders would've react the same way, otherwise he played great as he's done since the last few games of last season.

Adebayor's bought the penalty but there was no real reason to try to make the challenge there imho, when he was heading away from goal.

Adebayor's bought the penalty but there was no real reason to try to make the challenge there imho, when he was heading away from goal.

He didn't buy anything. He was tripped.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he 'won' the penalty. He lured Taylor in.

clever play by Ade tbh strikers need to know when to lure in a stupid tackle like that to help their side

Oh yeah - I'm not having a go at Adebayor, just think it was a silly challenge regardless of the reason Adebayor was put through.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he 'won' the penalty. He lured Taylor in.

Yeah.... it's called playing football, mate!

No shit dumbass.

No shit dumbass.

So he didn't buy it, then. :rolleyes: He outplayed Taylor.

No shit dumbass.

Not sure if you've ever had a ball at your fucking feet before but if a run/area is covered you can win cheap fouls by drawing in lesser players. He did that - he won the foul. Taylor put it out there and he bought it.

No shit dumbass.

Not sure if you've ever had a ball at your fucking feet before but if a run/area is covered you can win cheap fouls by drawing in lesser players. He did that - he won the foul. Taylor put it out there and he bought it.

Oh please, just stop swearing at me....... you're scaring me. :rolleyes:

No shit dumbass.

Re-direct thread when you've been put right - good strategy.

Cabaye's error left him with the tackle to make, and he had to do something. It was a poor tackle, but I'm not too upset about it. He played very well otherwise.

Cabaye's error left him with some defending to do and he made a horrible choice. Unless your 100% you don't dangle your leg like that in the box. Ade was running AWAY from goal onto his left foot, honestly Stevie just panicked and did something stupid. He needed to just shephard him down the line and not be fooled by a faint. If Ade runs away from goal and tucks it away into the corner with his left foot then it's a great goal and Cabaye's/Colo's mistake.

Ade invited him to do something silly and Taylor obliged. Excellent offensive play and bad, bad defending.

Classic Taylor though.

That was old-school Taylor there. Doing before thinking and getting it wrong.

But that's the first time i've seen it in, what, 720 minutes this season (and as a result of another player(s) mistake)? Had a great game otherwise.

No shit dumbass.

Re-direct thread when you've been put right - good strategy.

You clearly don't know the difference between a good play and buying a penalty or free-kick.

That was old-school Taylor there. Doing before thinking and getting it wrong.

But that's the first time i've seen it in, what, 720 minutes this season (and as a result of another player(s) mistake)? Had a great game otherwise.

Eh? He did the exactly same thing last week against Wolves but the blind ref gave them a freekick instead.