Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wouldn't give a shit, but the fact his contract is running out concerns me about how much we'll get. Anything under 6m is shit tbh.

No chance. He just isn't worth £6m, even if he had 2/3 years left on his contract.

Of course he is man. The fact he's English adds at least £3m onto the price, for a start.

Aye, the fact he's English wrongly adds value to him.

The fact you (and I) disagree with it doesn't change the fact. As mentioned above, is Anton Ferdinand really so amazing? He was valued at £8m and I'd say Taylor is as good.

Guest secteur2010

Jay Lloyd Samuel his replacement.

Is he J lloyd's brother?

Is he Jlloyd's cousin?

second removed.

twat ;)

I see the bellends hold sway on this thread today.  I can't believe 145 of them can't recognise how good Sayler really is!  Although I must admit I would baulk at giving him £60k per week.  I might have offered £50k tops if he agreed to sign for 5 years and also agreed to a relegation clause dropping down to £25k per week.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

I see the bellends hold sway on this thread today.  I can't believe 145 of them can't recognise how good Sayler really is!  Although I must admit I would baulk at giving him £60k per week.  I might have offered £50k tops if he agreed to sign for 5 years and also agreed to a relegation clause dropping down to £25k per week.

He's third choice. That good. Worth 60k? Fuck that.

:mackems:

Wouldn't give a shit, but the fact his contract is running out concerns me about how much we'll get. Anything under 6m is shit tbh.

No chance. He just isn't worth £6m, even if he had 2/3 years left on his contract.

Of course he is man. The fact he's English adds at least £3m onto the price, for a start.

Aye, the fact he's English wrongly adds value to him.

Still makes you wrong though.

The poll doesn't ask if you recognise how good Taylor is, it asks what you'd do under the circumstances of giving the lad £60k a week. And don't discount Hughton in all of this, he has been buying defenders and maybe wants rid himself.

If we give him 60k how long before other players demand the same and when we have to renegotiate Colo, Bartons and possibly smiths they will all just point to Taylor and say "what he is having please"

Problem is that would mean a paycut for all of them.

Aye, no doubt it will but when we renegotiate none of them can point to another playing sitting on 60k a week for 5 years.

Infact the only ones i would renegotiate with are Colo and Barton, there is no pount for smith in two years time.

The 7 people who have voted for the "give him what he wants" should be strung up by their testicles and shot.

If bigger contracts where given out to lesser players (certainly in Taylors view) like Smith, Colo, Xisco who all arrived during Ashleys regime then Taylor I believe has every reason to ask for similar.

I admit the money being sought and already paid out to players (lets not forget Butt getting a contract renewal - Geremi) is grossly inflated to the point where renumeration has no correlation to actual ability or performance levels. Taylor has to fancy at his age he's better prospect than all those on more than he's being offered.

It's a shame really, he's still one of our better players despite been non existant for the last few years. I like Ashley's approach on this though tbf. I just hope we don't sell him too cheap because we fear losing him on a free later down the line.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The 7 people who have voted for the "give him what he wants" should be strung up by their testicles and shot.

If bigger contracts where given out to lesser players (certainly in Taylors view) like Smith, Colo, Xisco who all arrived during Ashleys regime then Taylor I believe has every reason to ask for similar.

I admit the money being sought and already paid out to players (lets not forget Butt getting a contract renewal - Geremi) is grossly inflated to the point where renumeration has no correlation to actual ability or performance levels. Taylor has to fancy at his age he's better rospect than all those on more than he's being offered.

http://www.academyol.com.au/articles/wp-content/uploads/scooby-doo.jpg

Not too bothered tbh, Colo and Williamson so far have proven to be a far more effective defensive partnership, and we have Campbell and Kadar for backup. Would like to have seen him at RB but as Perch did pretty well there against Villa I'm not too bothered about him there either. We don't need him, he's asking for stupid wages, he can fuck off.

Guest VegasToon

Maybe 4th choice.  He has potential but Williamson will only get better and we have youth in Travillier.   Sell the fucker and his dad.   I am sick of the media saga they create.

Guest icemanblue

Maybe 4th choice.  He has potential but Williamson will only get better and we have youth in Travillier.   Sell the fucker and his dad.   I am sick of the media saga they create.

:lol: Who?!

He did this last time he got a new contract, his dad went mental and was on the radio saying it wasn't fair and he'd leave if he didn't get offered a fair deal.

Must be thick as pig shit if they think Ashley would sanction 60k wages for probably our 4th choice centrehalf when there as rumoured wagecap of 35k.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Williamson is older than Taylor, just as a counter to the Taylor will never forfill his potential/isn't young any more remarks going around. I think its more of a case that Williamson has finally got a chance to show he has the talent to live with possibly live in the Premiership.

If we give him 60k how long before other players demand the same and when we have to renegotiate Colo, Bartons and possibly smiths they will all just point to Taylor and say "what he is having please"

Problem is that would mean a paycut for all of them.

Aye, no doubt it will but when we renegotiate none of them can point to another playing sitting on 60k a week for 5 years.

Infact the only ones i would renegotiate with are Colo and Barton, there is no pount for smith in two years time.

What I meant was both of those players are already on that amount and more. Taylor is pointing to them right now and saying why can I have that? If if came to them renegotiating then point at Taylor at 60 would only mean them taking a paycut. Taylor isn't worth 60 but neither are these two and both are already clearing that now.

Guest michaelfoster

4. He can negotiate a new deal with any other club in January and leave on a Bosman.

No he cant, only clubs abroad with 6 months left, any club in England he has to wait till 6 weeks before his contract expires iirc