Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Also that story about Pardew not being convinced by Steven Taylor and might sell him. How about you drop him and play the guy with far more potential who you paid £8m for just last year?

So Pardew's finally clicked that Taylor is the shite defender most could have told him 3 years ago? He's got razor sharp player assessment skills has Pardew thanks to his extensive football knowledge built through years of top level football.

To be fair, he's been injured most of that period!

I really thought it had clicked with him in that unbeaten run at the start of 2011/12. He was superb at Old Trafford and then did his Achilles the next game. He's massively regressed and needs to move on now. Hopefully he will in the summer.

Meanwhile, the club brushed off talk of Demba Ba re-signing in the summer.

A story carried by Footballdirectnews, a website owned by Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct company, claimed the Senegal striker was a target – but club insiders have dismissed that.

:lol:

What club insiders? There aren't any. :lol:

That Wendy lass that makes the tea, cuts the grass, does the transfers and negotiates new contracts must have a few spare minutes for the odd quote

I prefer Williamson Colo. All we've done since Taylor came back into the side is concede for fun. I also don't think Colo has done anything to walk back into the side, our best centre back partnership this season has been Williamson MYM.

The midfield couldn't dominate a pub side, the forwards have all the threat of diluted bath water, nowt from out wide but the odd laugh and Santon's staging his own personal s***-the-bed tour.

:lol: seems fair.  Can't argue with any of that :lol:

Williamson is shit but he's still twice the player Taylor is. Taylor is an arm waving fraud who would be a great marker and tackler if his opponent was fresh air. Even then the fresh air would be generated by his windmill arms the useless twat.

Aye, true that. Thought Dummett was shaky at the back but I think there's some decent potential there. I just prefer us with a left-footer back there; it can help especially when we alternate Sissoko and Gouff at LW. Neither of whom are amazing in that position.

Aye, true that. Thought Dummett was shaky at the back but I think there's some decent potential there. I just prefer us with a left-footer back there; it can help especially when we alternate Sissoko and Gouff at LW. Neither of whom are amazing in that position.

Absolutely. We actually had some service from the left with Dummett out there. Something we haven't had for a long time. It improves the balance of the defence so much even if Dummett isn't the greatest player.