Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

A big part of the issue for me is that he has completely stalled in his development.

This might be injuries, attitude or just the way it is, but he looks to have plateaued.

Maybe that is why so many people have turned on him. They were willing to forgive some of his mistakes because he was learning but they have lost faith in him.

I like Taylor for whatever reason.

Someone mentioned £2m for him. I reckon we can get much more with him being English and generally regarded as a good player.

The real question is if he is worth those wages were we to keep him. He most definitely isn't.

Can't see at all what Taylor's done on the pitch to provoke these opinions. He's not the best defender, but he's decent and he's never been lazy or anything. Is it from those e-mails going around?

There's footballing gossip and then there are strong rumours. It has been said on many occasions about Taylor's supposed arrogance around the club, over belief in his own ability and self importance to the team. Add this to the amount of times we have heard quotes attributed to him and his father abour his contract(s), as well as other incidents (including Carroll gate and his recent contract wrangle) and it all doesn't make good reading for Steven Taylor.

Can't see at all what Taylor's done on the pitch to provoke these opinions. He's not the best defender, but he's decent and he's never been lazy or anything. Is it from those e-mails going around?

There's footballing gossip and then there are strong rumours. It has been said on many occasions about Taylor's supposed arrogance around the club, over belief in his own ability and self importance to the team. Add this to the amount of times we have heard quotes attributed to him and his father abour his contract(s), as well as other incidents (including Carroll gate and his recent contract wrangle) and it all doesn't make good reading for Steven Taylor.

Nah, he's just not that good.

Guest Heneage

As said before I think the contract is only so we can sell him. Purely on ability I don't think he'll get much better, and if sacrificing him keeps Carroll then get rid.

while the express is saying the exact opposite with several "top clubs" including everton (when will the papers ever drop this stupid link everton have better cbs than taylor and no cash to spend, let alone to spend on a cb when they need strikers) villa (moderately believable considering the news dunnes fallen out with houillier) and wolves (they're a top club now?) willing to meet a 2m valuation in jan

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/217512/Taylor-set-for-2m-exit-from-Newcastle/?

Colo's on £85,000 a week too   :kinnear:

Whatever he's on that contract was handed out during Ashley's initial big spending phase which ended with us getting relegated. I don't know why people keep chiming in with Colo's supposed wages, does anybody seriously think when his contract is up he'll get that sort of money again? At least Colo's a foreign mercenary and stays fit. What's local lad Taylor's excuse for wanting to screw his home town club?

Guest NewBoyPeetah

The Star have, "Taylor fears he's played his last game for Newcastle"

The Sun have, "Steven wants to stay at the club".

You've got to love the press.