Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

A disgrace :lol:  I've been trying to put to death the myth that he's a capable (forget "good") right back for two years on this board, if not longer;  it's not a knee-jerk from me. 

Hopefully this game has done that job for me.

A disgrace :lol:  I've been trying to put to death the myth that he's a capable (forget "good") right back for two years on this board, if not longer;  it's not a knee-jerk from me. 

Never had a good spell at right back then?

He's got the physical attributes to play RB but he just doesn't have the positional sense. I'm not sure whether that's something that he improve on with games, but right now he's ruining the shape of our team by wandering all over the place and dropping back when he should be pressing and vice versa.

A disgrace :lol:  I've been trying to put to death the myth that he's a capable (forget "good") right back for two years on this board, if not longer;  it's not a knee-jerk from me.  

Never had a good spell at right back then?

Not sure what qualifies as a good spell.  I honestly don't recall a very long stretch of games where he was consistently played there.  He played on the right side of a back 3 semi-regularly for the England U-21's - obvioulsy not in a RB role there but that's as close as I can recall to him being regularly played on the right of any formation.  

But he's a CB pure and simple.  I'm not questioning his dedication or effort or willingness to try for the team or anything.  But he looks way more than "slightly" out of position there on the right and I don't think he has the ability to make a good one.  That he had a bad game at RB today isn't as much down to him as it is Pardew putting him there.  

He's not a RB (couldn't go in to how many times i've said that). Had he played at CB he'd have had a decent game, similar with Simpson not being a right midfielder. Ferguson infront of Enrique should have started with Jonas on the right, think we'd be analysing a different result right now if so, even with Enrique coming off you then put Guthrie on the right and Jonas back over to the left. Makes more sense than the original line-up, though Pardew had very little options to play with.

Don't like the round hole square peg route Pardew took today, hopefully that is lesson learned for him.

RIP - the myth Taylor is a decent RB or should be played there over CB - 5/03/11.

Was utter dogshit today. Spineless, thick, naive, arselicking bellend. Dreadful from start to his finish. Looked like someone dragged from the stands and given the rb shirt for a bet.

Shocking game for him - though that doesnt mean he cant play as a RB, he has played there before and done good job BUT today it was a poor performance

Simpson is overall the better right back so we should not need to play Saylor there BUT when you let Routledge go on loan then you are forced to put players out of position

Was utter dogshit today. Spineless, thick, naive, arselicking bellend. Dreadful from start to his finish. Looked like someone dragged from the stands and given the rb shirt for a bet.

To be fair to him, he didn't pick himself.

At least it will put to bed the laughable idea that he is the best right back at the club which so many on here had got into their heads. He's a central defender and the only world in which he is a quality defender is his and his dad's.

Guest neesy111

Did some of the worst defending I've seen from a professional footballer today.  Could have backed off right to the top of each stand the way he was going.

He was rubbish and his assault on Saha in the 1st half will bring him a 3 match ban.

He was rubbish and his assault on Saha in the 1st half will bring him a 3 match ban.

The header? If it does it's a disgrace. Assault? :lol:

He summed himself up in a nutshell by busting a bollock to get back goal side of Arteta, when Arteta was going down the left, which he did but he carried on until he'd gone past him a further 7-8 yards before turning to face Arteta giving him the chance to run at him with ease which he duely did before setting up another Everton chance (the one where Saha flashed it wide IIRC). Comical.

The header? If it does it's a disgrace. Assault? :lol:

1st half he appeared to punch Saha and Saha stayed down. Someone whose seen a replay reckons it was his forearm but everyone around me at the match thought he'd punched him and was lucky Webb didn't see it.

I don't remeber any punch, they both went up for a header, both had arms out and Taylor caught him.

Didn't look to be any intent at all (ie he didn't look at Saha or seem to deliberately hit him).

Unless I have gotten the wrong incident.