Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nolan wasn't too impressed with him, like. Gave him several vicious bollockings.

Really hate him when he tries to direct people around. Just get on with your own game, Geordie Hero!

Guest neesy111

Nolan wasn't too impressed with him, like. Gave him several vicious bollockings.

Really hate him when he tries to direct people around. Just get on with your own game, Geordie Hero!

Tbf, Saylor deserved every bit of criticism from Nolan.

Eh? I was talking about Taylor.

Guest neesy111

Eh? I was talking about Taylor.

Ahhh.

Was utter dogshit today. Spineless, thick, naive, arselicking bellend. Dreadful from start to his finish. Looked like someone dragged from the stands and given the rb shirt for a bet.

To be fair to him, he didn't pick himself.

You're right he didn't. And I wish Pardew hadn't either.

Still a rank display from him though.

We looked as if we had 3 centre halfs and Simpson at right back for the first 10 minutes or so.

We looked as if we had 3 centre halfs and Simpson at right back for the first 10 minutes or so.

Looked like a fish out of water from start to finish. Would rather have played the useless get up front and kept the back 4 intact.

I know the options are limited due to injuries and suspensions but what possessed Pardew to go with that starting XI? Mental stuff - even for us.

Looked like a fish out of water from start to finish. Would rather have played the useless get up front and kept the back 4 intact.

I know the options are limited due to injuries and suspensions but what possessed Pardew to go with that starting XI? Mental stuff - even for us.

Pardew had played Taylor whenever he's been able to, he clearly thinks he's a good player.

Pardew had played Taylor whenever he's been able to, he clearly thinks he's a good player.

He's a below average Premiership CH. He's a League 2 RB. The fact he was hauled off is encouraging.

He's a below average Premiership CH. He's a League 2 RB. The fact he was hauled off is encouraging.

The fact that he started is not.

Taylor was poor today, no doubt about that, however he is not a RB and has only just returned to fitness.  Im not his biggest fan but i think it would be unfair to judge him completely on today.  I thought ferguson done really well when he come on but i'd have worried for him had he started.

As for Taylor, i'd like to think his future with us was limited to reserve/backup centre back.

I've defended him in the past, but Taylor was terrible today.

That said, we generally look lost without Barton, and there's no way Arteta would have been allowed to get at us like that had JB been playing

Pray god there's nothing more to Barton's absence than meets the eye.

Theres no excuse for Taylor letting players run. He should be closing players down and putting them under pressure, instead he just lets them run into the penalty area with all the time in the world. For some reason he sticks his arms out wide every time too, maybe he thinks hes a goalkeeper?

His shit positioning was exacerbated by the fact the team looked stretched as fuck, the Osman goal for example, Tiote and Nolan only just arrived back into the box as the ball hit the net, not good enough.