Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

So according to rumours, Ameobi has been told to find a new club and Best is for sale. If they both left it would mean we have Ba and Lovenkrands as our only senior strikers. Even if NUFC plan to play 1 striker next season we'd need to buy at least 2 new strikers.

Guest BooBoo

I detest him and would be ecstatic if he were peddled.

Only Harper comes close to him in my hatred stakes.

What a load of toss.

I've said it before but Shola 100% needs a testimonial,  the way I see it he's the last player from Bobby's team (well Harper too but he rarely featured thanks to Shay) and I think a testimonial for Shola in support of Bobby's foundation would be fitting, get some of the other lads from that team down too, hell even get Carl Cort and have Shola and Cort play in each others kits. It has to happen really!

Would love to see Carl Cort back at St James'.

So according to rumours, Ameobi has been told to find a new club and Best is for sale. If they both left it would mean we have Ba and Lovenkrands as our only senior strikers. Even if NUFC plan to play 1 striker next season we'd need to buy at least 2 new strikers.

sweet jesus can you imagine :lol:

Shola isn't lazy.

Don't see lazy players in need of a hip replacement playing through the pain for over a season for the good of the club.

What's his alternative, not play and end his chances of a contract renewal? Then the thick, talentless cunt will end up at Accy Stanley for the rest of his excuse for a career.

Nor when he helped us into the 2nd group stages of the Champions League as well.

Just because he's fading now, doesn't overshadow that he's been a fantastic servant to this football club over the last 15 years.

Short memories and all that.

Guest elbee909

Slagging off Harper ffs :lol:

He's a clown always has been.

What did he do, run over your dog?  Bloody hell.

I might be an idiot for saying this, but I hope Shola stays. Need to offload Loven before Shola. At least he can head one or two in a season compared ot that disgusting Dane who best attribute is pace and yet he's slow and useless.

I might be an idiot for saying this, but I hope Shola stays. Need to offload Loven before Shola. At least he can head one or two in a season compared ot that disgusting Dane who best attribute is pace and yet he's slow and useless.

If you're talking about goals alone, Lovenkrands is by far the more reliable about the two. I honestly can't list anything that Shola does well, whereas at least Loven is often in the right place at the right time. Ideally we get rid of both.

Guest hobshobs

I detest him and would be ecstatic if he were peddled.

Only Harper comes close to him in my hatred stakes.

Spot on. Both have gotten their money easily for years. Too laid back, no commitment and no hunger. Both these players and their characteristics are prime examples of why we have underachieved for years.

If you're talking about goals alone, Lovenkrands is by far the more reliable about the two. I honestly can't list anything that Shola does well, whereas at least Loven is often in the right place at the right time. Ideally we get rid of both.

This summer? Not a chance.

Shola is thinking of leaving. Words he used were, "looking for a fresh start". Obviously been told hes surplus to requirements.

Slagging off Harper ffs :lol:

He's a clown always has been.

Don't remember him doing too much clowning when he rightly displaced Shay Given in the starting Xl.

To be fair, Given was still young for a keeper at the time and still learning so at that time, was probably similar to Krul. When he got his place back though, after the initial dodgy start of the 2001-2 season (Zenden goal, Troyes 4-4) he never looked back and turned into one of the very best. I don't think Harper had the ability to make such a progression and stayed your typical middle of the range keeper.