Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Pool fans watching our game, reaction to our equaliser half way down:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=281910.1040

Nearly celebrated it as much as we did  :lol:

It's not because they like us as such though. They just see Spurs as a threath for the fourth place.

They'll catch a big shock when we finish fourth ahead of both themselves and Spurs.

next season

Spurs fan on glory glory saying he'd rather have Shola than Pav (from before our game too!) :lol:

Thoughts, Messi? Since you have been desperate for us to sign him.

Their version of HTT.

Was hardly desperate either, would have been happy if we signed him in the summer aye, but I think I'll settle for Ba.  Now all we need is Papiss Cisse in January.  :shifty:

IIRC, I said he'd score if he played last Sunday. Therefore, I was right. Fuck the Shola haters.  :indi:

The one thing I remember him doing wrong was strolling towards the box when we had an opportunity to drive at them. Other than that he was superb. I'm starting to think he may just be a 'big game' player. Games when he feels like the underdog and ultimately is the underdog.

I don't remember his celebration being so calm. when he got to our corner he seemed to be going fucking off it, as was everyone else. I remember looking at him (maybe through 'brown tinted glasses) and thinking this means as much to you as it does me and I'm so fucking proud of that fact.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Not lost a game Shola scored in since 2008. That true? :lol:

It's a skill to score important goal, not just cherry-on-the-cake ones. And he is the Mackem-slayer!

Shola's biggest tragedy was being injured in the Championship season (when Carroll made his name). He was tearing teams up before the injury and a Shola with a taste and confidence for scoring regularly would have been a mighty proposition. We should have lent him out to a Championship team years ago to build him up a bit.

I wonder how positive a driving force having Ameobi Jnr breathing down his neck is? Last Saturday was a good sign.