Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

• 4 weeks later...

Awful, awful footballer. Brought very little to the side on Saturday.

Well - that's just not true.  You either didn't watch the match or watched it with your eyes shut.

I watched it. Did OK with his back to goal and set-up Ba's goal, but otherwise did very little.

Guest icemanblue

Colocho's just caught up with MOTD2, on iPlayer, and he's doing his rounds of the threads. :lol:

Watched the game live...

Of course you did, mate. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Colocho's just caught up with MOTD2, on iPlayer, and he's doing his rounds of the threads. :lol:

Watched the game live...

Of course you did, mate. :lol:

I did, on a fantastic stream. MoTD2 isn't even on iPlayer yet.  :iamatwat:

You'd know better than me, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

It's like playground football, when you're playing with your regular group of footie chums and one of your non-sporting classmates who never, ever plays football and hasn't kicked a ball in donkey years gets talked into entering a game and says "oh fuck it, it's a bit of exercise I suppose". They stand around looking dazed, unsure just what the fuck is going on around them, and every time the ball comes to them it's like watching a drunk clown on stilts with giant shoes fumble around tripping over themselves for a few seconds before being mugged like a helpless toddler. Shola was worse than that today.

Hope this was the second and last time ever we see him on the right wing.

Aye, bit of a mystery why Pardew has done this twice in the space of a week. He has not one attribute needed to be effective on the wing..

Krul was lobbing it long to Obertan a lot that game, Pardew probably thought Shola would be even better for that role.