Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest hobshobs

Amazes me that he doesn't get loudly booed on every time at this point.

Where I sit, level 7, you can clearly see and hear most of what is going on in the Young Persons section. Shola comes on and they all start singing for him. This is the same crowd who ACTUALLY sang 'Van Persie, he scores when he wants' when we were at home to Man City this season and it wasn't just a few. UNBELIEVABLE.

Amazes me that he doesn't get loudly booed on every time at this point.

He does off me mind, along with a 2 fingered salute and shake of the head at the dug out.

Complete pony and always has been.

At the end of the world there'll be nothing but cockroaches and Shola Ameobi playing at St James' Park.

Guest icemanblue

One more reason to hope Pardew is removed as soon as possible is to stop him from giving Shola yet another contract.

Of our last god knows how many managers, only Keegan wanted rid. The Legend of Shola is not singularly a Pardew problem.

Guest neesy111

One more reason to hope Pardew is removed as soon as possible is to stop him from giving Shola yet another contract.

Of our last god knows how many managers, only Keegan wanted rid. The Legend of Shola is not singularly a Pardew problem.

Allardyce did as well.

I mean Pardew seems to worship the guy though. Pretty much name drops him in most interviews and is always telling us how much he loves the guy.

I will say one thing for Pardew though, he has finally realized Shola cannot start a game. But bringing him on at halftime/65 mins for Gouffran needs to stop. Shola is probably capable of about 10mins impact at most.

I'm certain Pardew is well aware Shola is crap, but simply put he doesn't have any other option for his wonderful Plan B of hoofball. Slagging him off in press wouldn't really do any good either other than appease angry fans. Absolutely certain he'll be begging for extra funds for a striker during the Summer.

Shola on his day can be a real handful for any defender, we've all seen that. Sadly he seems to do it once every 20 or 30 matches. In a good season.

Also against West Brom came on to absolute silence from our end. 

• 2 weeks later...