Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He does a job for us to be fair.  It's not his fault we've got sod all strikers.

What does this even mean?

He's good as a late game big dude that takes advantage of tired legs, and pretty useful defending corners and whatnot. It just sucks that he's also the forward option when we're chasing a game.

He does a job for us to be fair.  It's not his fault we've got sod all strikers.

He's good as a late game big dude that takes advantage of tired legs, and pretty useful defending corners and whatnot. It just sucks that he's also the forward option when we're chasing a game.

But he isnt. This season I can hardly think of a useful contribution (QPR goal...then i'm struggling). He really doesnt do a job.

But he isnt. This season I can hardly think of a useful contribution (QPR goal...then i'm struggling). He really doesnt do a job.

Mighty chest down for Ba against Everton. I agree with you though.

Fucking hell, without him we'd be 4 points down and probably relegated  :lol:

It's not 100 percent his fault that we're shit. Even if we were good, I'd say he still has late game value as a defensive minded sub, or even as someone that could occupy a defender while a more talented player took advantage of the space. If football had a pick and roll, he'd be amazing at that.

Without Ba we'd probably be below QPR

:lol: Shola saved the season. :pardsgrin:

It's not 100 percent his fault that we're s***. Even if we were good, I'd say he still has late game value as a defensive minded sub, or even as someone that could occupy a defender while a more talented player took advantage of the space. If football had a pick and roll, he'd be amazing at that.

The fact that we're shit certainly doesnt help his cause. By that I mean, last season when we were winning games, he'd come on, hold up the ball a bit, even got a couple of assists, it was perfect for him/us. This season, we needed him to contribute in getting goals and be a threat and he more often than not does neither. I mean, when i plays, I NEVER expect him to score. A striker who I dont expect to score  - brilliant. 

It's not 100 percent his fault that we're s***. Even if we were good, I'd say he still has late game value as a defensive minded sub, or even as someone that could occupy a defender while a more talented player took advantage of the space. If football had a pick and roll, he'd be amazing at that.

The fact that we're shit certainly doesnt help his cause. By that I mean, last season when we were winning games, he'd come on, hold up the ball a bit, even got a couple of assists, it was perfect for him/us. This season, we needed him to contribute in getting goals and be a threat and he more often than not does neither. I mean, when i plays, I NEVER expect him to score. A striker who I dont expect to score  - brilliant. 

No I agree with you. He's a terrible scoring option off the bench when we're down, and Campbell hasn't been given enough trust to throw on now that we're playing for survival. The entire season has been a mess.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing hell, without him we'd be 4 points down and probably relegated  :lol:

The flip side is that with someone else as a backup, we'd be less likely to be where we are with him.

Should rename the club Devon Loch FC. Genuinely limping and crawling on all fours towards the finish line.

The squad is completely shot to fucking bits and it's embarrassing.

When we were doing well last season he was a good option coming off the bench to hold the ball up and relieve a bit of pressure. People were generally happy with him, but now he's constantly being brought on chasing the game he's a waste of a space, it just isn't his game, which is an appaling position for a second/third choice striker to be in.