Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

It was a ridiculous decision. Substitute pace and intelligence at the first opportunity for an oaf that was never going to win the physical battle over 20 minutes, never mind 45. You could tell at that point that Pardew was panicking then, no clue how to break them down. It's 2013 and Shola Ameobi is genuinely our plan B, that is the fucking truth.

Wrong sub, wrong time. 20 minutes to go and things aren't sticking, then maybe chuck him on. For as poor as we were today, there were a few, brief spells in the first half where we looked very dangerous. Unless Gouffran was/is injured - and even then chuck HBA, its just the wrong call.

100% agree

There were some people saying it was a decent sub to make :lol:

I couldn't believe it. Gouffran off for Shola, I mean come on ffs, no-one in the world apart from Pardew would think that's a good idea.

Gouf was walking a tightrope with the yellow and want exactly obviously fire today.

I couldn't believe it. Gouffran off for Shola, I mean come on ffs, no-one in the world apart from Pardew would think that's a good idea.

Gouf was walking a tightrope with the yellow and want exactly obviously fire today.

Would rather have seen Haidara come on at LB and Jonas pushed up.

Would rather have seen Haidara come on at LB and Jonas pushed off a cliff.

fyp

Normally don't want to see him anywhere near the starting 11 our subs apart from against the mackems, which up until now has been his only purpose, he is now officially hopeless so I never want to see him play in our colours ever again, has always been, and will always be a horrific player and its absolutely criminal that hes managed to stay in and around the first team for this amount of time.

Guest Open_C

Can we put this thirteen year escapade to bed now?

It would neatly bookend the last two mackem victories at SJP, I guess.  Makes sense to do it now :)

Laughable that we put this fucking useless cunt on at half time. When our manager is relying on this clown from 45 minutes for the sheer belief that 'he plays well against the mackems'. Fuck me, Pardew basically put him on due to superstition. mental. football manager!? daft cunt more like.

I mean, his fucking header man. fuck me. almost went out for a corner. fucking hell. I've never felt more despair in my entire life at a bloke I dont know. I was in a pub full of neutrals and the place erupted in laughter yet our manager genuinely believed this dunce was a viable option for the last 45.