Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

On the front page of the Chronicle today. Some cretins have sent him racist abuse on Facebook.

Wasn't said directly to him, said over facebook, which shola doesn't have. Its disappointing, but its not front page stuff.

Hate racist abuse, but it happens all the time over facebook. Theres always some arsehole spouting off with racist bile about loads of different people. Sad and disgusting, but hardly front page news.

Shola is undoubtedly crap and I am sure he knows it BUT what on earth have managers over the years seen in him?

To be fair KK did try, he almost got 2.5 million for him aswell, that's like selling Carroll for 35 million. So close yet so far away. Shame.

Shola is undoubtedly crap and I am sure he knows it BUT what on earth have managers over the years seen in him?

To be fair KK did try, he almost got 2.5 million for him aswell, that's like selling Carroll for 35 million. So close yet so far away. Shame.

Was that when he failed his medical at Ipswich?

Was that when he failed his medical at Ipswich?

That's how faithful he is, he even played shit on loan at Stoke so he didn't get a move. One club man, a rare model professional hero in the modern game.

this. baffling

what's even more baffling is how he comes up with performances like spurs this year, was quality

this. baffling

what's even more baffling is how he comes up with performances like spurs this year, was quality

That's why people dislike him so much, he'd have been capable of playing like he did against Spurs on a regular basis if he had any sense of determination whatsoever.

He has got talent, lots of it in fact, but he doesn't have the heart/drive to actually put in the hard work needed to be a player on a consistent basis. Just cruises along on auto pilot, doing the bare minimum necessary to keep his job.

Most of us would run through fucking brick walls to be a footballer, it's no wonder that seeing such a waster on a consistent basis pisses people off.

I'm still not convinced that Shola doesn't try or doesn't care - I think a combination of his passive personality, lack of aggression and physical style means it just looks like that. I'm not saying he's good, but he's not lazy IMO.

For me his inconsistency is just due to the fact that he doesn't have enough ability to do good things regularly.

Don't buy into the passive personality thing at all.

I'm a very laid back guy but put me in a game of 5 a side and I'm going to get stuck in and to an observer it would probably look like I give a shit.

I'm sure plenty of other footballers are pretty laid back off the pitch, how come they all manage to look bothered?

obviously getting flamed for this, but like Thierry Henry used to conserve energy off the ball so he can sprint, i feel like Shola is saving energy, but i dont know what for...he may just have no cardio stamina due to his amazing physique. He has one hell of a core now, he looks like nobody could push him off the ball, a total specimen. no homo.

He's always had that languid style to his game, but it certainly got worse after his hip injury (which he postponed getting seen too at the instance of Roeder so he could play for us - a notice to all those who suggest he doesn't care nor try). I wouldn't be surprised if that's limited his mobility or is still causing him pain. Wasn't it touch and go whether he'd be able to kick a ball again?

He's always had that languid style to his game, but it certainly got worse after his hip injury (which he postponed getting seen too at the instance of Roeder so he could play for us - a notice to all those who suggest he doesn't care nor try). I wouldn't be surprised if that's limited his mobility or is still causing him pain. Wasn't it touch and go whether he'd be able to kick a ball again?

He pretty much can't.

He pretty much can't.

True :lol:

Guest hobshobs

FROM SCOTTISHMAGS.CO.UK

4th February 2012 - Tough Call?

With Senegal out of the African Cup of Nations, leading scorer Demba Ba and new signing Papiss Demba Cisse have returned from international duty. Both players are in the Newcastle squad for the match against Aston Villa on Sunday. Manager Alan Pardew now has to decide whether to start one or both of his two returning strikers this weekend or continue to go with either Shola Ameobi, Leon Best or the pair up front.

Alan Pardew: "It's a tough call on Sunday as to what we're going to do with Cisse and Demba."

Demba Ba left for the African Cup of Nations following the 3-0 victory over Manchester United at the start of January. In the nine games he played prior to his departure the striker had scored 10 goals. New recruit Papiss Cisse scored 37 goals in 65 appearances prior to joining Newcastle from Bundesliga side SC Freiburg last month.

In the five games Newcastle have played since the departure of Ba, strikers Shola Ameobi and Leon Best have been on the pitch for a combined total of 813 minutes, Ameobi 394 and Best 419. A total of 13 hours and 33 minutes. Between them they managed one goal. A Leon Best strike against Queens Park Rangers at St. James' Park.

Ameobi and Best have done nothing to warrant a further run in the side. Demba and Papiss are desperately required. What we have witnessed in attack, in terms of attitude, commitment and ability, over the last five games, has been shockingly inadequate. Not a tough call on Sunday at all.

When Cisse went to warm up yesterday after Best's injury he went behind the Leazes goal - as they do in the Bundesliga, obviously no one had told him that in England you warm up along the touchline. Shola was despatched from the dug out to go and tell him like a big brother looking after him.

Will Shola sign new 20 year contract as International Personnel Relations Manager  :)

What about Shola's five minute cameo at the end ? A masterful display of Shearer-esque time running down play.

Aye  :love:

Loved his little slap on the back of Cisse when he was about to come on. All those who enjoy labelling Shola as a cunt need to take a look at themselves.

Starting to think I'm slightly obsessed. Ah well.

major difference between being a cunt and being shit at football/not putting the effort in