Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

This is the time to get behind Shola. I don't care how fucking shite people think he is, I like the kid, and think he's going to be vital to our success from here on-at least until the end of the season.

Sholas scoring record isn't exactly shite this season either, and we still have big Kev to bag them in.

Shola has always been the scapegoat but he's always tried, I just think he's a bit lethargic in his appearance/mannerisms.

I know I'll get shot down in flames, but regardless this is on par with the Hughton scenario. We need to all stick together and get behind the team.

absolutely correct  :clap:

I want him to retire here. Like someone said, he may be shit but he's our shit.

The whole fiasco where he almost moved to Ipswich should prove to anyone that God's will has bound Shola and this club together for all eternity.

Exactly, it's written in the stars that NUFC and Shola Ameobi shall walk together for all time.

I don't rate him in the grand scheme of things, but then you could say that about a lot of strikers plying their trade in the Premier League at the moment.

You know I think that Carroll leaving might just be the push little Ameobi needs, we;ve never even given him the number nine (have we or did we do it last season, where he scored a ton). I think we should give him the number nine and see him respond to wearing that magical number and become a legend.

Ameobi-isms

1) I think Shearer leaving is just the push Ameobi needs.

2) I think the goals against the Mackems is just the push Ameobi needs.

3) I think relegation is just the push Ameobi needs.

4) I think Carroll's development is just the push Ameobi needs.

5) I think Charlie Sheen being hospitalized is just the push Ameobi needs.

He can be good on occasions, but the thing is, he's injured half the time. Infact he even looked like he got injured in the last game. Without him in the team we are absolutly fucked. Nobody else we have up front is anywhere near Premier League quality.

Ameobi symbolises where we are as a club. Can be great at times, can be horrendously frustrating, but he's still here, and he's still fighting on.

I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing, but bless you sir and bless Ameobi, if we can all follow the way of the Ameobi we can be united as one and ride the Geordie train back to glory. I think that like Ameobi that if we perservere we can (and he will) be able to achieve greatness.

It might just take a little while

I think Ameobi is average, very average, as I'm sure many do. The constant victimisation is the only reason people fall either side of the fence now, not vice versa. While really, the answer is he's in the middle.

Why do people still think Ameobi is good? I'm all for getting behind him, but the fact is he is useless, pointless and... shit.

I don't think anyone thinks he's 'good'. I think he has popped up with some important goals, tried his best for the team and been average his whole career.

I just like him for some reason, it's not because he's very good at football.