Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Fucking hell. If this was the other 'good news' we were expecting then I'm going to go cry. Terrible footballer, terrible decision. I'm all for things that are cult in football, but not when they're a shit player who earns more in a week than most do in a year.

Average wage in NE is £19,127pa - you're wrong.

Jose wants to go and play for Spain. Doesn't think he can do it here, he's not leaving for £££.

Fucking hell. If this was the other 'good news' we were expecting then I'm going to go cry. Terrible footballer, terrible decision. I'm all for things that are cult in football, but not when they're a shit player who earns more in a week than most do in a year.

Average wage in NE is £19,127pa - you're wrong.

Jose wants to go and play for Spain. Doesn't think he can do it here, he's not leaving for £££.

:kinnear:

Average income in the NE is £19,127 pa.

You're wrong.

:facepalm:

Forgetting my joking about it yesterday, I don't see a problem with this. He shouldn't be anywhere near starting. But, at this rate, that hopefully isn't likely to happen with Ba and, I assume, Best ahead of him. As a 3rd/4th choice PL striker I really don't have a problem with it. As long as over the 2 years we continue to have enough strikers ahead of him that he doesn't have to suddenly become first choice again. He can do a job coming in now and then, but an extended run and he falls to shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shola is a more than adequate Premier League back up striker as he showed last season so this new deal is perhaps justified.

Guest hobshobs

Not a great footballer by any means, but a consummate professional and a lovely bloke. Has never kicked up a fuss, has always put his body on the line for the team and, unlike a certain previous number 9, I think playing for the Toon means the f***ing world to him.

He'll not be first choice so I don't know what the fuss is about tbh. Pardew's not that daft to think we'd be able to rely on Shola for the goals we'll need to keep us in the mix, so to speak.

Our previous number nine gave everything in every game, almost  the exact opposite can be said for Mr Ameobi. Playing for Newcastle means everything to him? Jeez. I put more effort in getting out of bed than he does in 90 minutes. You don't write fantasy stories by any chance mate?

Not a great footballer by any means, but a consummate professional and a lovely bloke. Has never kicked up a fuss, has always put his body on the line for the team and, unlike a certain previous number 9, I think playing for the Toon means the f***ing world to him.

He'll not be first choice so I don't know what the fuss is about tbh. Pardew's not that daft to think we'd be able to rely on Shola for the goals we'll need to keep us in the mix, so to speak.

Our previous number nine gave everything in every game, almost  the exact opposite can be said for Mr Ameobi. Playing for Newcastle means everything to him? Jeez. I put more effort in getting out of bed than he does in 90 minutes. You don't write fantasy stories by any chance mate?

You know that Obafemi Martins was our previous number nine right?

What about Carroll?

Guest hobshobs

Andy Carroll?

That video never gets old. :lol:

Our previous number nine gave everything in every game, almost  the exact opposite can be said for Mr Ameobi. Playing for Newcastle means everything to him? Jeez. I put more effort in getting out of bed than he does in 90 minutes. You don't write fantasy stories by any chance mate?

Nothing to compare anyway. Shola's number 23.

Guest hobshobs

Jeez man. £35 million for our last number 9.

Alan Shearer also played number 9 once, just in case you weren't aware.

He must have something on Derek Wright, he's the only one I can think of who's been here long enough.

Good bloke is Shola, still doesn't make much sense to me, just hope he isn't our "new" forward.