League Cup 3rd Round - Chelsea (a)

Decky

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

The less games we are involved in the less likely we are to suffer injuries. The PL is more important this season.

Oh dear, not this again. :facepalm:

makes sense to me

The less games we are involved in the less likely we are to suffer injuries. The PL is more important this season.

Oh dear, not this again. :facepalm:

makes sense to me

FWIW we played 8 league games more last year. So what would be the difference?

Honestly, I would play the kids, if we lose 10-0 w/e, I mean in the end I think it would be a very good experience for the lads to play away to a team full of international players.

And honestly, I can't see Carlo putting out a full strength team in the 3rd round.

Wonder what the ticket prices will be. I'd like to take my boys along to this as they are Chelsea fans, but I bet it'll be too expensive!

get a few kicks in early MKSC, can't get in early enough with chelsea fans.

I'll make them sit in the away end, that should keep them quiet. I doubt it will sell out what with it being 300 miles away, in midweek, no doubt over priced, a guaranteed loss and CH will play a weakened side.

Get the kids in and hope Chelsea play their kids..we might stand a chance.

:lol:

[in the dressing room]

Hughton: It's ok lads, Carlo told me they'd play their kids, so you lot, this is a big night in your careers, go out there and...

Ancelotti: Erm... Chris. John, Frank and Didier were just passing by and, well, they really fancied a kickabout. Soz'ard.

Hughton: D'oh!

:spit:

The Stoke game following the cup tie has too take priority,  3 points over Stoke are more important but if we are injury free with the new additions we could still give them a game(providing they rest the likes of Drogba, Cole, Terry, Essien and Lampard!)

KRUL

TAVERNIER  SOL    WILLIAMSON    KADAR

TAYLOR    TIOTE    GUTHRIE    LUALUA

LOVEN    SHOLA

that still leaves the likes of BEn Arfa, Carroll, Colo, Barton, Nolan, Jose, Jonas, Routledge and possibly Keane with there feet up and rested for the Stoke game on the weekend.

Obviously CH will play a weakened side, but it can't be quite as weakened as the one that played at Accrington, as even against a weaker Chelsea side they'll get the sort of pasting that could be very bad for their confidence. We've got to go in with at least a half strong side, so I guess there will be three or four first choice players and then backups as opposed to the younguns.

Guest Brummiemag

I would like us to play our strongest possible team for this and give it a go. Just as important as a league game in my opinion.

Chelsea will play a weakened team so we may just have a chance. Would be fantastic to have a good cup run

Guest Roger Kint

The Stoke game following the cup tie has too take priority,  3 points over Stoke are more important but if we are injury free with the new additions we could still give them a game(providing they rest the likes of Drogba, Cole, Terry, Essien and Lampard!)

KRUL

TAVERNIER   SOL     WILLIAMSON    KADAR

TAYLOR     TIOTE     GUTHRIE     LUALUA

LOVEN    SHOLA

that still leaves the likes of BEn Arfa, Carroll, Colo, Barton, Nolan, Jose, Jonas, Routledge and possibly Keane with there feet up and rested for the Stoke game on the weekend.

This for me with Smith over Tiote and maybe Vuckic off one of the strikers.

Got to be a mixture of a few kids who deserve a run out and a few older hands. To play 8 or 9 of the young lads at Stamford Bridge would knock their confidence. I'd go something like:

Krul

Perch

Kadar

Campbell

Williamson

Routledge

Smith

Tiote

Lua Lua

Ranger

Lovenkrands

We'll need all the pace we've got as they're going to dominate possession and we might have to rely on hitting them on the break if we're going to keep it respectable. It's a game where there is absolutley no pressure or expectation and they can go down there and try to enjoy it. It'll be no disgrace to go out to them.  

Guest localhero87

Bad draw yeah, but Chelsea will rest players...so why not go for it?

It would be a superb statement of intent if we went out and beat a team of their stature, irrelevant of what team they fielded.

• 4 weeks later...