Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

I thought Routledge did very well today. That's the best I've seen him play for us.

Very encouraging to be able to get a point at an away ground where the opposition was clearly trying to rough things up. Considering we've got Campbell, Tiote and Ben Arfa to come into the side, we should have a good season.

I thought Routledge did very well today. That's the best I've seen him play for us.

Very encouraging to be able to get a point at an away ground where the opposition was clearly trying to rough things up. Considering we've got Campbell, Tiote and Ben Arfa to come into the side, we should have a good season.

He looks really, really tidy.  Had my doubts but would be delighted if he establishes himself as a Premier League player with us.

Guest Heneage

I found it more annoying how Hansen brushed it off yet had roles been reversed he would have been calling for Barton's head. Either way it's a tactic, and one that failed.

Overall we seemed to have spells of really nice Football I just hope Nolan gets a bit more clinical as he could have won it for us with two solid chances. It will be interesting to see where the two new signings come in along with Campbell who will be fit soon.

The first 30 minutes or so were absolutely brilliant. We started like we finished against Villa.

We'd have got all 3 points if Wolves hadn't got dirty and ground out a result. It was never their intention to win after we equalised.

I found it more annoying how Hansen brushed it off yet had roles been reversed he would have been calling for Barton's head. Either way it's a tactic, and one that failed.

Overall we seemed to have spells of really nice Football I just hope Nolan gets a bit more clinical as he could have won it for us with two solid chances. It will be interesting to see where the two new signings come in along with Campbell who will be fit soon.

That other Alan in the studio was laughing about it as well.

On a side note, glad to see Barton starting games and playing well.  Long may it continue.

That other Alan in the studio was laughing about it as well.

On a side note, glad to see Barton starting games and playing well.  Long may it continue.

very annoyed with them both and the hypocrisy on display by everyone in the media that since its barton it doesnt count

Guest Roger Kint

Sadly in all walks of life people often thought of as criminals are more harshly treated than others, Barton simply has to get on with his football and try to block out the twats who bay for him to snap. Its not just on a pitch it happens as we have seen. Just dont tell cajun as he will try and suggest i am slagging him off......

Really positive game today I thought.

Quite concerned that teams can hack and kick at us with seeming impunity but the likes of Barton/Smith/Nolan will get carded before the opposition have even hit the ground.

I very much admire Hughton's diplomacy and wouldn't dream of telling him what to do, but I personally think it might be worth mentioning it in a post-match interview just so the pressure/spotlight will be on subsequent referees to judge those types of decisions on the merit of the situation rather than by reputation.

Thought our players did really, really well to keep cool heads out there today. Any one of them could easily have had grounds to spark Henry.

Guest firetotheworks

I've just watched the Carroll goal again.

Fuckin hell, you could get a lass pregnant with that header. Absolute beast of a header.

I very much admire Hughton's diplomacy and wouldn't dream of telling him what to do, but I personally think it might be worth mentioning it in a post-match interview just so the pressure/spotlight will be on subsequent referees to judge those types of decisions on the merit of the situation rather than by reputation.

He may well do but i think its absolutely the right thing to do to play post match interviews with a straight bat.

Should allow himself a day or so to consider the best approach publicly.

Really positive game today I thought.

Quite concerned that teams can hack and kick at us with seeming impunity but the likes of Barton/Smith/Nolan will get carded before the opposition have even hit the ground.

Thought our players did really, really well to keep cool heads out there today. Any one of them could easily have had grounds to spark Henry.

its not that, the players that done it got booked in the main (except henry really) and i've seen us do similar in the past.

Sadly in all walks of life people often thought of as criminals are more harshly treated than others, Barton simply has to get on with his football and try to block out the twats who bay for him to snap. Its not just on a pitch it happens as we have seen. Just dont tell cajun as he will try and suggest i am slagging him off......

If you would rather accept than stick up for your own that's your prerogative, just don't moan in future when anything doesn't go our way :thup:

If you would rather accept than stick up for your own that's your prerogative, just don't moan in future when anything doesn't go our way :thup:

theres times to complain and times not to.

Yeah we could just shut up and let our players get kicked to shit every game, infact lets just talk about when past player x did the same 5 years ago and feel happy karma hasn't missed us out.

Guest Roger Kint

theres times to complain and times not to.

Again thats known as common sense, something lost on certain people sadly

Guest localhero87

From what I saw Routledge and Jonas played well on the wings and it was a quality delivery and header for our goal. Also Karl Henry is a dirty c***.

agreed. No idea how Karl Henry wasn't off the pitch. I'm all for hard challenges, and Barton took them well, but 7 fouls?

Yeah let's be happy with our players get kicked to f***, that's sensible and makes me happy.

what the fuck are you on about ?

as fans yes whinge and carp all day but should hughton have made a big deal out of it......no, get on with it as he is no ryan giggs and wont get speciasl treatment and if hughton whines its likely to make things worse.