Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

I'm starting to get pissed off with Shearer. The way he was pissing himself about Barton being brutally assaulted during the game was pretty s***.

Shearer is a w*****, he wears a wankers hat....

we've laughed when its happened to others. after the game i've even laughed about it happening to team-mates.

I'm starting to get pissed off with Shearer. The way he was pissing himself about Barton being brutally assaulted during the game was pretty shit.

Shearer is a wanker, he wears a wankers hat....

Is it really that bad?

I'm starting to get pissed off with Shearer. The way he was pissing himself about Barton being brutally assaulted during the game was pretty s***.

Is it really that bad?

I think he was more laughing at the fact Barton got tackeld so many times and hardly anyone got booked straight away and then they show his tackle and he gets booked straight away

No need for that on this forum.

However,  Shearer hates Barton after their clash in the dressing room at Anfield after his sending off.  But I agree he should not make it so obvious with his glee in the MOTD studio.

Wanting Mcarthy to kick him also on the way off. Hilarious Al.

Another irritation. Never call the Mancs "United" Especially when playing another Utd. namely WHU in this case.

Also. Bigging up Zamora as the big powerful striker England need.

Room for improvement big Al.

Shearer was an excellent servant to the club in his playing days and one of the greatest strikers of all time.

However, his spell in charge of us can only be described as inept.  His treatment of Barton was nothing short of a farce and, funnily enough, that description is also relevant to his punditry.  I think calling him a wanker is justifiable.

Shearer was an excellent servant to the club in his playing days and one of the greatest strikers of all time.

However, his spell in charge of us can only be described as inept.  His treatment of Barton was nothing short of a farce and, funnily enough, that description is also relevant to his punditry.  I think calling him a w***** is justifiable.

His treatment of Barton, is Barton the prick who was needlessly sent off while we were struggling to avoid relegation?

That does not condone Shearer's ineptitude as a football manager.

IMO Shearer's handling of the incident did nothing but hinder the club.   Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his actions provoked the incident.

I reckon Shearers time in charge wasn't as inept as people think. Personally, I reckon he gave them a much needed kick up the arse and that didn't suit certain players.

So he failed to mange the squad effectively.

However, his spell in charge of us can only be described as inept.  His treatment of Barton was nothing short of a farce and, funnily enough, that description is also relevant to his punditry.  I think calling him a w***** is justifiable.

His treatment of Barton, is Barton the prick who was needlessly sent off while we were struggling to avoid relegation?

It wasn't a sending off.

IMO Shearer's handling of the incident did nothing but hinder the club.   Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his actions provoked the incident.

:coolsmiley:

I'm confused. 

As much as I would like to have Shearer as our manager (because I loved him as a player and because he's just a legend), he looked quite clueless in his 8 games here.

so did hughton in his first few games in the PL.

I reckon Shearers time in charge wasn't as inept as people think. Personally, I reckon he gave them a much needed kick up the arse and that didn't suit certain players.

So he failed to mange the squad effectively.

In some respects but not all. I reckon we would have went down with quite a few managers.

Shearer never sticks up for us on MOTD. I always get the impression he doesn't want us to be successful unless he's in charge.

I get the impression he's trying too hard not to be biased towards us that he ends up the way he is! :lol:

Shearer never sticks up for us on MOTD. I always get the impression he doesn't want us to be successful unless he's in charge.

Or maybe he's trying to be impartial.  Did he look pissed off when we got the 6th against Villa?

IMO Shearer's handling of the incident did nothing but hinder the club.   Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his actions provoked the incident.

:coolsmiley:

I'm confused. 

A good manager would make an excellent psychologist.  You have to manipulate your squad, cast aside any opinions (internal and external) on the players and find out how to motivate them.  As heza pointed out, Shearer may have 'given them a kick up the arse' (or whatever) and it didn't work - obviously. 

Why?  Just ask a psychologist.

Maintaining discipline and moral are fundamental to a successful manager.