Deadline day approaching: Anything else the cherry on the cake?

The Prophet

I must admit if I find if I avoid Jim White and anything Sky related I tend to enjoy deadline day. I'll certianly be watching this year to see who panic buys. However for once I won't be disappointed if we don't do any buisness. Perhaps we could do with a striker but that would be the cherry on a fantastic transfer window.

Providing we don't lose anyone you've got to commend Llambias and the fellas for what looks to be some fine buisness. We've brought in players to address three of our major problem positions for minimal money. While there's no guarantee they will all work out it's promising Hughton is identifying problem positions and trying to bring in quality to sort them. In short we've given ourselves every chance of staying in the league.

We could still do with a striker but that's me just being greedy, given how Carroll's started the season it looks like we'll opt to go with the lone front man and the extra midfielder. We're knackered if he gets an injury though no matter how minor so a back up wouldn't go a miss.

In case you needed one a reminder of our buisness so far:

In:

Perch (Rumoured £1 million fee)

Gosling (Free)

Campbell (Free)

Tiote (Rumoured £2.5 million fee)

Ben Arfa (Loan - rumoured £800,000 fee)

Out:

Butt (Released)

Pancrate (Released)

Foster (Loan)

Top work lads.

I must admit if I find if I avoid Jim White and anything Sky related I tend to enjoy deadline day. I'll certianly be watching this year to see who panic buys. However for once I won't be disappointed if we don't do any buisness. Perhaps we could do with a striker but that would be the cherry on a fantastic transfer window.

Providing we don't lose anyone you've got to commend Llambias and the fellas for what looks to be some fine buisness. We've brought in players to address three of our major problem positions for minimal money. While there's no guarantee they will all work out it's promising Hughton is identifying problem positions and trying to bring in quality to sort them. In short we've given ourselves every chance of staying in the league.

We could still do with a striker but that's me just being greedy, given how Carroll's started the season it looks like we'll opt to go with the lone front man and the extra midfielder. We're knackered if he gets an injury though no matter how minor so a back up wouldn't go a miss.

In:

Gosling (Free)

Campbell (Free)

Out:

Butt (Released)

Pancrate (Released)

Foster (Loan)

Top work lads.

I'd be happy now if we could say Carroll will be fit all season, if not it'll be Shola doing that job and whilst I think he'd probably a few score goals we'd be a hell of a lot shitter.  Carroll isn't just scoring goals, he's the basis of all our attacking play, he wins long balls and our wing and set play would be alot less useful than it is now.

In:

Gosling (Free)

Campbell (Free)

Out:

Butt (Released)

Pancrate (Released)

Foster (Loan)

Top work lads.

Fantastic, really?

Llamblias, really?

Guest Brendan_Rice

I am happy as well, but liek you I would be a lot happier if we had decent cover for Carroll or someone to play up front with him (where is Robbie Keane).

Not selling anyone would be a nice finish.  Some of them aren't good enough, but we can't afford to lose anyone without bringing another body  in.

:thup:

Waiting to see who else comes in/goes before making my mind up on whether it's been any good. Surprising so far of course.

In:

Gosling (Free)

Campbell (Free)

Out:

Butt (Released)

Pancrate (Released)

Foster (Loan)

Top work lads.

Fantastic, really?

Llamblias, really?

In what way were you expecting it to be any better?

...and aye he usually takes the heat when it goes tits up, think he deserves a bit of credit on this occasion.

...and aye he usually takes the heat when it goes tits up, think he deserves a bit of credit on this occasion.

you're just operating from the reduced expectations viewpoint, doesn't mean that the investment we've made (given the income from the PL) can be considered fantastic in any way... adequate i'd agree with

what involvement has llamblias had in any of this?  do you know, 'cause i don't but i'm guessing nowt

you're just operating from the reduced expectations viewpoint, doesn't mean that the investment we've made (given the income from the PL) can be considered fantastic in any way... adequate i'd agree with

what involvement has llamblias had in any of this?  do you know, 'cause i don't but i'm guessing nowt

What are the noraml expectations of a promoted club though?

He's the boss. When it goes wrong he takes the blame, when we gets it right he takes the credit.

He's heavily involved in transfer negotiations.

He was shaking ben arfas hand man...

If Carroll gets injured we are stuck with Shola as it stands, so a striker would be nice...

This.

It's not a disaster though if we don't get a forward in.

It is. If Carroll gets injured, who are going to score the goals then? Shola? Ranger? Dont think so...

Guest optimistic nit

as said a striker. is very unlikely carroll will get 20 goals this season, so even if he stays fit, we'll still need another striker. get a good striker and i'll have no relegation worries this season.

i know its a bit obvious with all the keane talk but i still think we'll get a forward in.

It'll depend on others leaving IMO, and I just can't see that. Especially with the most likely candidate (Best) being injured.