Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/26/article-0-02B5273400000578-345_468x367.jpg

Is that well respected DOF still on the pay-roll?

That well-respected DOF brought us Chris Hughton, man. He did do some good.

The we dont care about Ashley song was aired today.

I think we should survive comfortably after witnessing todays game.

In view of the signings this week (which I never thought would be allowed) it may be time to call an amnesty for a while and just get behind the team.

Guest malandro

No for me. They are still showing no respect for the club (naff SD signs on SJP) and they are still showing no respect for the supporters (stupid ticketing policy for the singing section). Nor do we have any idea what their long term plans are for the club.

To sum up. I don’t trust them.

I think they have improved. They let Hughton do his business, they're dealing with transfers behind the scenes like it should be - at the moment I can't complain much.

Having said that, we all know that, come the end of the transfer window, it still could be a case that they fuck everything up.

No for me. They are still showing no respect for the club (naff SD signs on SJP) and they are still showing no respect for the supporters (stupid ticketing policy for the singing section). Nor do we have any idea what their long term plans are for the club.

Not sure what's stupid about the policy over ticketing tbh.

:fishing:

You back them trying to control what the crowd sings then, I take it. For what other reason do you think it a good idea?

Guest malandro

To sum up. I dont trust them.

They haven’t explained why they’ve done it for a start, which is in itself disrespectful.

The key question for me is - if Ashley was to sell the club tomorrow, would he be leaving it in a better state than when he found it? It's too early in the season to answer that, but in a few months' time, I think the answer will be a definite yes.

As for what's happened in the past, I've never felt that he was entirely to blame, so the question doesn't mean much to me.

You back them trying to control what the crowd sings then, I take it. For what other reason do you think it a good idea?

How are they controlling what the crowd sings? :lol:

After a few unsavoury incidents up there from a group it appears the best way of controlling who is up there. I said at the time I didn't think the Cockney Rapist banner was doing anyone any favours, and it's proven to be the case.

Fwiw I think they're still the cheapest seats in the ground except for the family enclosure?

If we beat Blackpool and get one or two more bodies in before Tuesday then I'll be optimistic about the club and where we're headed. It shouldn't have needed relegation to sort us out but that's the way it's worked out. I'll never get too carried away because it'll only take a couple of injuries or bad defeats to change the mood.

They need to continue to put things right though. Shouldn't rest on their laurels.

How are they controlling what the crowd sings? :lol:

After a few unsavoury incidents up there from a group it appears the best way of controlling who is up there. I said at the time I didn't think the Cockney Rapist banner was doing anyone any favours, and it's proven to be the case.

Fwiw I think they're still the cheapest seats in the ground except for the family enclosure?

I don't see how the two bits in bold are mutually exclusive. By controlling who's up there they can try and control what they sing and do. Why else would they want to control it?

Never hated them. Most of the mistakes have been down to naivity, not malice or greed.

Their policy of investment and slow growth since nobody took up the invitation for local investment is sound, and their work reinventing the club and getting the right people in place (whether by luck or judgement) and supporting them since the series of fuckups that saw us go down has been admirable.

I hope the learning continues, things like the open days are continued and expanded on, and if they still wish to sell up, that the transition is smooth. If they stick with the club though, stay out of the limelight, and don't act like tits and balls it up but help it to become a force again, they will have my full support.

If we beat Blackpool and get one or two more bodies in before Tuesday then I'll be optimistic about the club and where we're headed. It shouldn't have needed relegation to sort us out but that's the way it's worked out. I'll never get too carried away because it'll only take a couple of injuries or bad defeats to change the mood.

They need to continue to put things right though. Shouldn't rest on their laurels.

:thup:

Spot on again mate. They've made some terrible mistakes but they're finally starting to make ammends, slowly but surely. I'm not saying forget the past, but it's getting a bit tedious constantly digging and criticising everything move that is made.

We look like we're finally headed in the right direction and if we continue that way then I'm happy enough :)

They are getting better, it's unclear who has been responsible for transfers this Sumner but whoever it is the board obviously have to take some credit as they have appointed them.

I still don't trust them but if this summer is anything to go by they have found someone who can perform miracles from button budgets so luck or judgment they have done well one way or another.

I also think they are learning from their mistakes, I also think all of this low key stuff is to try and cut out the irritating comments that get our backs up.

Good transfer window, excellent if we get another striker, but well satisfied with this as i thought we would be getting zilch decent signings...