Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ItalianMagpie

We lost at home too many games with clubs contending with us for top flight football, we're going to pay that.

I would take it.

Guest ItalianMagpie

We lost at home too many games with clubs contending with us for top flight football, we're going to pay that.

I would take it.

We've also beaten Villa, Sunderland & Liverpool and drawn with Chelsea.

And Arsenal.

We won't get any more points from this kind of games, and I don't know how many points we'll get at Stoke, Blackburn, Wigan etc considering our woeful trend far from SJP. So where exactly are we going to take the points needed to do better than 17th place? :dowie:

I would take it.

And Arsenal.

We won't get any more points from this kind of games, and I don't know how many points we'll get at Stoke, Blackburn, Wigan etc considering our woeful trend far from SJP. So where exactly are we going to take the points needed to do better than 17th place? :dowie:

How on Earth can you say this? I can certainly see us getting points at home to either of the Manchester clubs and/or Arsenal as well as away to Villa, mackems and Liverpool. Tbh, our toughest game left is Chelsea away, apart from that, there isn't a game where I would be confident about us not getting a point (providing the core of our team stays fit and not sold in Jan).

Going down from here would require a truly horrendous second half of the season. We're perfectly capable of it, you only have to look at 2008/09 to see that - after this many games that year we only had three points fewer than now and picked up a win next game - but that implosion really was something to behold and yet we only went down by a single point in the end. You could even say by a single goal.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I would take it.

And Arsenal.

How on Earth can you say this? I can certainly see us getting points at home to either of the Manchester clubs and/or Arsenal as well as away to Villa, mackems and Liverpool. Tbh, our toughest game left is Chelsea away, apart from that, there isn't a game where I would be confident about us not getting a point (providing the core of our team stays fit and not sold in Jan).

As if you didn't know that's not going to happen...I don't remember a season with the core of the team being fit since Sir Bobby, and for the Jan transfer window I'd be more than afraid of what fat Mike is going to do.

Anyway, I'd like to be as optimist as you are, but I think we're perfectly capable of losing at home to Arsenal, City and United.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Don't get that sort of attitude tbh. You can see our good form against better teams coming to an end, but you can't see our bad form against lesser/equal teams coming to an end?

Our bad form against lesser/equal teams away has been lasting for years, I don't see any possible reason why it should come to an end now.

• 1 month later...