nufc.co.uk

Guest geoffasenna

They've nicked the 'local/tourist' shirt idea from Man City.  You know, where it would actually make sense

http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_details.aspx?pid=79861

It's not the club doing these, it is a 3rd party supplying the club, Everton have the same design as well.

But Everton and Man City are both in two-team cities where their local rivals are scorned as being supported more by glory-hunting outsiders than locals.  The joke doesn't work for Newcastle and Sunderland.

Makes me wonder if the Goodfellas one was adapted from another club where there was at least some tenous link, like "Goodison Fellas" or something.  Stoke are probably wondering why the fuck their club shop has a t-shirts with a picture of a load of old TVs stacked on top of each other with "Town Town Red and White Army" written next to it.

Guest neesy111

But that's because there are 2 clubs in Manchester and Liverpool? Or has Sunderland become a suburb of Newcastle?

Tbf, Sunderland as a club depend on Newcastle to attract players.

300480.jpg

300481.jpg

These actually aren't that bad, the other stuff is a bit shit but who cares. Its merchandising, people buy rubbish, they always have done. The Goodfellas one will sell and the other ones with players on the front will likely be worn by bairns. Get over it.

Some decent training wear in that 'just in' section as well.

Guest neesy111

300513.jpg

Wouldn't mind that on my wall either.

Bet a lass would be proper impressed by that.

:lol: She'd have to deal with it.

I nice picture of St James' Park is actually a decent picture in frame for any house imo.