Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Amazing the over-reaction yet again like.

The number of systems, first XIs, etc. I've seen on here for next season, can't recall many including Nolan's name.

We've got 10 weeks to sign another central-midfielder to replace him. Panic....

10 weeks to sign another captain and leader you mean?

This club is pretty fucked if we rely on one bloke this much.

I love how people want Ben Arfa in the middle to replace him, but as soon as we let him go Mike Ashley turns into the biggest cunt ever...

I think even the people who didn't necessarily want Nolan in the starting XI wanted him at the club.

I love how people want Ben Arfa in the middle to replace him, but as soon as we let him go Mike Ashley turns into the biggest cunt ever...

I think even the people who didn't necessarily want Nolan in the starting XI wanted him at the club.

And Nolan probably didn't want to be at a club where he wasn't guaranteed to start. Chicken/egg

The number of systems, first XIs, etc. I've seen on here for next season, can't recall many including Nolan's name.

This club is pretty f***ed if we rely on one bloke this much.

It's not about that though. I didn't think I'd be that bothered (as previous posts have shown), but now reality is hitting home now. It's not about replacing him, of course he can be replaced. Easily in-fact.

These tweets sum it up for me:

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Nolan's departure a sad day for #NUFC - will go down as one of most important captains in their history & that's no exaggeration. Top bloke.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Without Nolan, Harps, Joey, Smith & Hughton,club wouldn't be in position they are now. Shouldn't be forgotten. Nolan gutted by contract row.

Yes, 10 weeks to replace Nolan the midfielder. But what about Nolan the captain?

He's the club captain and the only player with leadership abilities. Great move, like replacing an ageing Gary Speed with Nicky Butt.

And Nolan probably didn't want to be at a club where he wasn't guaranteed to start. Chicken/egg

Well if that's true it would be his own fault, he's not good enough to guarantee a start.

Guest LJA0210

the only greed in any of this comes from Fat Cashley. what have we as a club and fans done to deserve a complete c**k like him in charge

I'm pretty sure we could always allow one of our current players to step up to the plate....

Most of the 'fantasy' line-ups posted on here - featuring Zog, Gervinho etc - have not included Nolan.

In this brave new age where 'every penny' of the Carroll £35m will be reinvested in the team it is difficult to envisage a role for him. Certainly if the club actually follows through with some of the  press speculation and signs players of the calibre already mentioned (I remain deeply sceptical) he could be a bit part player.

He is looking after his career and wants a longer deal. The club are baulking at giving a longer deal for a player who may not have the longevity to remain effective into his 30s.

I personally thank him for staying during the relegation season and fighting to take us back into the top tier. No-one can be really sure of the effect he has on team spirit and I suppose time will tell if he really was the glue holding the whole thing together.