Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Been thinking about how this relates to Pardew's power - as I'd previously thought he couldn't be the spineless puppet some say he is. But after today's news, I'm wondering why Ashley doesn't go all Ron Noades and appiint himself manager...

Imagine that :mackems:

0 - Newcastle United won none of the eight Premier League games that Kevin Nolan missed in 2010-11. Howay.

3 mins ago from web

@Miss_Ces retweeting @OptaJoe

Wow, that says a lot!

It says that we relied far too much on a very limited player.

Or that he is a very underrated player.

He isn't underrated in though, everyone knows he's very good at what he does, and very limited in most other areas.  Everyone should also realise that if your team cant win games without Kevin Nolan, then you need a new team, not to simply focus on keeping him at all costs.

Eh?

What's so hard to understand?  Are you seriously telling me your happy with your side relying so heavily on a player like Nolan that they cant win without him?

The solution isn't to sell him though it's to add to the squad and gradually reduce that dependency.

Which means giving a player your looking to remove from the team a new 4 year £50k+ contract, is that a good move?

He's got time left on his contract man, and the fee ain't gonna be much anyway so no I wouldn't give him a new four year deal but would have kept the player.

From the fans' point of view we would obviously rather have kept Nolan and let his deal run down another season. But I can understand why the actual decision makers feel they can't do that.

Accepting that, would anyone agree that offering him a 4-year contract would be worse than selling him now?

Are people seriously talking about the sale of Andy Cole in a Kevin Nolan thread?! :lol:

There's a reason he's off to the Championship instead of a decent club and that's because for the most part he's a complete waste of space and a passenger the other 9 outfield players have to carry.

Good luck to him but he's just not good enough.

What does that say about the rest of our squad, considering he was our top scorer and we didn't win a match without him?

Are you sure about that?

0 - Newcastle United won none of the eight Premier League games that Kevin Nolan missed in 2010-11. Howay.

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

He isn't underrated in though, everyone knows he's very good at what he does, and very limited in most other areas.  Everyone should also realise that if your team cant win games without Kevin Nolan, then you need a new team, not to simply focus on keeping him at all costs.

Eh?

What's so hard to understand?  Are you seriously telling me your happy with your side relying so heavily on a player like Nolan that they cant win without him?

What you're saying makes no sense. If we rely so heavily on Nolan it's because his team-mates are not up to it.

From the fans' point of view we would obviously rather have kept Nolan and let his deal run down another season. But I can understand why the actual decision makers feel they can't do that.

Accepting that, would anyone agree that offering him a 4-year contract would be worse than selling him now?

I'm glad you can understand, because I'm really really struggling to. There's no real value there at all to drop in a season's time. £3m is nowt in the grand scheme of things.

We're going to be hard-pressed finding an equally influential figure as Nolan.

I wouldn't say that his contribution on the pitch can be 'replaced' as such, cos we're not going to sign a central midfielder that will score 13 goals from that position. However, i would say that losing his technical ability is one of the least of our worries when it comes to this sale. I can see us deploying a different formation and i think we'll be adapting our game so that it doesn't rely on a talisman like Nolan.

Where the real loss comes, is in the shape of his leadership and influence. He's the best captain we've had since Shearer, and that is something we severely lacked during the years of decline. And whilst you can question the professionalism of Barton's tweet, you can't turn a blind eye to it. You have to wonder what the rest of the squad will make of the whole thing. The connotations involved (ie - "well what's the point in me sticking around since they'll just accept bids for anyone?"), as well as the plain fact that their Captain and friend has just left.

Shite news all-round this. He was pretty much Mr Newcastle for the last couple years and, like Carroll, an example of all the things about the club that were right. Gutted to see him go for what will probably be a very modest fee.

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

He isn't underrated in though, everyone knows he's very good at what he does, and very limited in most other areas.  Everyone should also realise that if your team cant win games without Kevin Nolan, then you need a new team, not to simply focus on keeping him at all costs.

Eh?

What's so hard to understand?  Are you seriously telling me your happy with your side relying so heavily on a player like Nolan that they cant win without him?

The solution isn't to sell him though it's to add to the squad and gradually reduce that dependency.

Which means giving a player your looking to remove from the team a new 4 year £50k+ contract, is that a good move?

He's got time left on his contract man, and the fee ain't gonna be much anyway so no I wouldn't give him a new four year deal but would have kept the player.

Ok here's another question, do you think Nolan would be ok with just staying without signing a new deal?  Because I don't think his actions suggest that at all.  It seems to me that he either wanted a new four year contract or wanted to go somewhere were he'd get that contract.

He'll not go to West Ham, like. Ignoring the stupidity of us actually considering a sale, they can't afford him. And from Nolan's view, why would he go there?

Consider all the reasons to sell a player: he causes trouble, he's unhappy, high wages, amazing fee, contract running out, shit player etc.

Nolan is none of these.

Guest zeta87

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

Eh?

Ok here's another question, do you think Nolan would be ok with just staying without signing a new deal?  Because I don't think his actions suggest that at all.  It seems to me that he either wanted a new four year contract or wanted to go somewhere were he'd get that contract.

Totally agreed. I think Nolan wanted to be at a team that offers stability to him since he's over 30 now and all.

Guest SuperShola!

Can't help bit feel angry at Nolan for turning down a new contract? Also, a bit pissed the Joey Barton ended his last twitter post with #mejoseandjonasnext?

Guest zeta87

what the f*** is happening. We just sold our captain? :kasper:

Would've been a shocker like 5 years ago but isnt it about time we got used to selling captains? :(

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

Eh?

Ok here's another question, do you think Nolan would be ok with just staying without signing a new deal?  Because I don't think his actions suggest that at all.  It seems to me that he either wanted a new four year contract or wanted to go somewhere were he'd get that contract.

Totally agreed. I think Nolan wanted to be at a team that offers stability to him since he's over 30 now and all.

No he's not, man. :lol:

3 mins ago from web

Wow, that says a lot!

Eh?

Wouldn't have been an issue because then he's either playing for a new deal or putting himself in the shop window for another club.

How on earth do we find a replacement capable of scoring 12 league goals for a few million quid? I can understand the club not offering him a new deal because of his age but at least keep him for a year to buy a bit of time to find a replacement.

The team's being ripped apart and absolutely every single one of them is for sale. Barton and Enrique will be next. :hmm: