Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Not going to miss Nolan at all if he gets turfed. Not a fan at all. Won't show the committment to get in better shape, but wants to be guaranteed a long term contract at his age. Absolutely full of it. Get out of here.

I'd keep Nolan, he gets a lot of goals despite his lack of an overall contribution. After all, games aren't won by overall contributions, they're won by goals.

Not suggesting he's a great player, but I'd definitely keep him. And there's no way on Earth I'd sell him for £3m. He's had a couple of good seasons, especially goals-wise, and would expect at least twice that.

I'd keep Nolan, he gets a lot of goals despite his lack of an overall contribution. After all, games aren't won by overall contributions, they're won by goals.

Not suggesting he's a great player, but I'd definitely keep him. And there's no way on Earth I'd sell him for £3m. He's had a couple of good seasons, especially goals-wise, and would expect at least twice that.

"Games aren't won by overall contributions, they're won by goals"

Really? Well Tiote doesn't score goals. Get him out of the team then. Lets see what happens. Let's see what Nolan achieves without him in there too.

Do you remember what Nolan looked like alongside Nicky Butt the season we were relegated? Do you remember how easily our midfield got over run and dominated with him in there without someone as energetic as Tiote?

Come on now!

:lol: Obviously it's an exagerration from Chris. And I'll jizz myself if he becomes a bench player next season. But I don't see the need in selling him, not a bad option to have off the bench when we're looking for a desperate goal here and there. But 5 years? He can fuck off if he thinks he can misle a contract until he's 33 years old. Last year he was talking about how he knew he'd only have potentially a couple more years of being an integral part of the club, now he wants a five year contract?

Really? Well Tiote doesn't score goals. Get him out of the team then. Lets see what happens. Let's see what Nolan achieves without him in there too.

Do you remember what Nolan looked like alongside Nicky Butt the season we were relegated? Do you remember how easily our midfield got over run and dominated with him in there without someone as energetic as Tiote?

Come on now!

Jeez, what a shite argument. You've answered your own question. Tiote allows Nolan to play a role in which he is often very effective. Butt was utter pish so it's completely irrelevant. Nolan plays a lot better with Tiote in the side than he did with Butt. Nice observation.

Nolan's contribution to the club goes beyond what he's done on the pitch (which is enormous as it is). When it comes to the likes of Smith, spending wages on keeping the dressing room tight-nit is difficult to justify. With the likes of Nolan it's different, however. He's a captain and i'd put him in the top three individuals who've secured our comfortable position in the Premier League, arguably number 1.

I'm not saying he should get a bumper three-year extension to his current contract, as it's just not viable from both an economic perspective or an 'on-the-pitch' one. Especially given the length of time left, too. However, i do feel he's earned some leeway in any negotiations, and i desperately hope there's a compromise somewhere around the corner.

Personally feel he's an extremely valuable squad member, even if he isn't a world-beater.

Come on now!

Jeez, what a s**** argument. You've answered your own question. Tiote allows Nolan to play a role in which he is often very effective. Butt was utter pish so it's completely irrelevant. Nolan plays a lot better with Tiote in the side than he did with Butt. Nice observation.

Nolan's contribution to the club goes beyond what he's done on the pitch (which is enormous as it is). When it comes to the likes of Smith, spending wages on keeping the dressing room tight-nit is difficult to justify. With the likes of Nolan it's different, however. He's a captain and i'd put him in the top three individuals who've secured our comfortable position in the Premier League, arguably number 1.

I'm not saying he should get a bumper three-year extension to his current contract, as it's just not viable from both an economic perspective or an 'on-the-pitch' one. Especially given the length of time left, too. However, i do feel he's earned some leeway in any negotiations, and i desperately hope there's a compromise somewhere around the corner.

Personally feel he's an extremely valuable squad member, even if he isn't a world-beater.

The point was how valuable Tiote is, even though he doesn't score goals, as the previous poster stated that "Games aren't won by overall contributions, they're won by goals". Tiote makes the greatest overall contribution to our team.

Therefore, I'm not sure what the hell it is your ranting about. Try reading stuff properly first.

Guest sicko2ndbest

West Ham apparently offer 3m for him.

I'd tell fat Sam to f*** off for that price.

Why?

Fair price considering age and length of contract wanted

Why?

The fuck it is. 2 years left on his contract, scored for fun last season, has great spirit, and is our captain. Also - he is English.

Guest neesy111

Why?

The fuck it is. 2 years left on his contract, scored for fun last season, has great spirit, and is our captain. Also - he is English.

Scored for fun when Carroll was here.  Scored 4 goals from New Year.

Why?

The f*** it is. 2 years left on his contract, scored for fun last season, has great spirit, and is our captain. Also - he is English.

Scored for fun when Carroll was here.  Scored 4 goals from New Year.

Ok  :thup:

I definitely would keep him for next season and see how the new players integrate and perform.  If the new signings are a success then there will be less need for him the following season.  I just think it is too much of a risk to get rid of all of the experience in the dressing room in one go.

I definitely would keep him for next season and see how the new players integrate and perform.  If the new signings are a success then there will be less need for him the following season.  I just think it is too much of a risk to get rid of all of the experience in the dressing room in one go.

Course, don't think anyone actually wants him to leave right now, and there's no reason he will.

Come on now!

Jeez, what a s**** argument. You've answered your own question. Tiote allows Nolan to play a role in which he is often very effective. Butt was utter pish so it's completely irrelevant. Nolan plays a lot better with Tiote in the side than he did with Butt. Nice observation.

Great post  :thup: