Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

These days I don't think many bids are made unless the buying club has had some encouragement that the player is open to the move, via his agent etc.

I can see this one happening; presumably it's only an opening bid.

Just can't see that Llambias and Ashley will have much of a view at all about Nolan's value to the club, other than the outlay for his wages and what they can get for him. Can't see them thinking like that at all.

Club and player must have known bids were always going to come in once the contract talks broke down.

He'll be seen as a very valued player for his kind of experience and leadership. Ideal for someone in Allardyce's position, actually.

The plan to get past "second season syndrome" is to remove everybody who was here in the first season. Simples.

Thus inventing 3rd season syndrome? :lol:

Nah, we'll just get rid of this lot next summer.

The plan to get past "second season syndrome" is to remove everybody who was here in the first season. Simples.

Thus inventing 3rd season syndrome? :lol:

Nah, we'll just get rid of this lot next summer.

Imagine the profits on Cabaye, Gervinho and Zog :fwap:

We've tended to rely a bit on set pieces and getting the ball forward quickly, and that's been fine for Nolan. But if we're going to progress and develop the ability to play the ball through the midfield, Nolan's going to hold us back.

Confusing.

You have a club captain, top goalscorer and all round good guy who has made all the right noises about the club, the fans and the area - contract talks "break down" and all of a sudden he's off to West Ham?! ???

In terms of the bid, reject it outright. Doesn't come close to helping us financially and he's worth £3m a season just to have around the club, in my opinion.

I'd like to think he was being honest when he did that interview a couple of months ago about knowing when it'd be time to step back and adopt a different role in the squad/club. All the voices in here claiming that he'd never get in the first team next season are getting carried away with fantasy transfer talk IMO.

Like you once said, we're here to build a squad that can compete, with depth, with character and good morale - we're not going to achieve this by shipping out this kind of player because he's not Tiote/Ben Arfa/Gervinho/Cabaye/etc.

Confusing.

You have a club captain, top goalscorer and all round good guy who has made all the right noises about the club, the fans and the area - contract talks "break down" and all of a sudden he's off to West Ham?! ???

In terms of the bid, reject it outright. Doesn't come close to helping us financially and he's worth £3m a season just to have around the club, in my opinion.

I'd like to think he was being honest when he did that interview a couple of months ago about knowing when it'd be time to step back and adopt a different role in the squad/club. All the voices in here claiming that he'd never get in the first team next season are getting carried away with fantasy transfer talk IMO.

Like you once said, we're here to build a squad that can compete, with depth, with character and good morale - we're not going to achieve this by shipping out this kind of player because he's not Tiote/Ben Arfa/Gervinho/Cabaye/etc.

:thup:

Confusing.

:clap:

The club has to decide what's more important - Nolan in the squad and contributing or an extra £4m (or whatever) in the bank.

Aye, he's replaceable. Aye, he's 29 and his value is only going to diminish as he gets older and closer to walking away for nothing but I'd still rather he was here than taking a chance on his replacement fitting in straight away. Not got a problem at all with trying to shift the dead wood who are making no contribution at all but £4m is hardly enough to replace what he provides to the team on and off the park.

I'd rather lose him for nothing in 2013 than take a paltry fee now. Keep him, see how it pans out and review things next summer.

Confusing.

It's an understandable post from a fans point of view but while it's easy to say it's worth £3m a year just to have him around the place, someone who is actually paying the bills, funding the signings etc is going to look at it from a more comprehensive perspective than that. Pardew must have some idea how he wants to set us up next season and judging by the transfer talk the plans are fairly ambitious. Paying someone £3m a year on an extended contract when he might not even be in the starting 11 is not going to happen at many clubs never mind ours.

The club has to decide what's more important - Nolan in the squad and contributing or an extra £4m (or whatever) in the bank.

Aye, he's replaceable. Aye, he's 29 and his value is only going to diminish as he gets older and closer to walking away for nothing but I'd still rather he was here than taking a chance on his replacement fitting in straight away. Not got a problem at all with trying to shift the dead wood who are making no contribution at all but £4m is hardly enough to replace what he provides to the team on and off the park.

I'd rather lose him for nothing in 2013 than take a paltry fee now. Keep him, see how it pans out and review things next summer.

This is right. You need figures like Nolan around the squad for other players to flourish and to be a 'constant' within the team. A constant is always useful and a stable figure.

:thup:

If for nothing else, we need competition for places. It'll surely spur our starting midfielders on knowing that our top scorer from last season is sitting on the bench and is a very viable option.

Pardew must have some idea how he wants to set us up next season and judging by the transfer talk the plans are fairly ambitious.

Pardew is pretty much irrelevant in all of this imo

It's fashionable to say so but he will have some input on transfer targets imo. But he'll have no say when it comes to handing out contract extensions or offering financial terms to any player, on that I'll agree.

Pardew must have some idea how he wants to set us up next season and judging by the transfer talk the plans are fairly ambitious.

It's fashionable to say so but he will have some input on transfer targets imo. But he'll have no say when it comes to handing out contract extensions or offering financial terms to any player, on that I'll agree.

I am not convinced he is a upgrade on CH but still looks like a YES man to me. You would like think he has some input but it is no surprise to me that Del & Mike got the guy in that got players dumped on him by Egget.

I am not convinced he is a upgrade on CH but still looks like a YES man to me. You would like think he has some input but it is no surprise to me that Del & Mike got the guy in that got players dumped on him by Egget.

He's an employee of Ashley, in most scenarios employees will say "YES BOSS" at the end of the day. That's how it works in most any work place.

He's an employee of Ashley, in most scenarios employees will say "YES BOSS" at the end of the day. That's how it works in most any work place.

Not the one's with serious cash in the bank like the Bartons, Shearers & KKs.

Look at Real Madrid where Pellegrini was a "YES BOSS" sort of guy & he did what Real Madrid  Sporting Director Jorge Valdano told him. Next up Mourhino who has serious wedge in the bank & it is Valdano who has been dumped because Jose is not going to have anyone tell him what to do. Of course about £20+ million ago when Jose was at Chelsea he had to accept Roman wanting Sheva, do you think if he went back to Chelsea he would accept Roman buying players he did not want? I don't.

Not the one's with serious cash in the bank like the Bartons, Shearers & KKs.

Look at Real Madrid where Pellegrini was a "YES BOSS" sort of guy & he did what Real Madrid  Sporting Director Jorge Valdano told him. Next up Mourhino who has serious wedge in the bank & it is Valdano who has been dumped because Jose is not going to have anyone tell him what to do. Of course about £20+ million ago when Jose was at Chelsea he had to accept Roman wanting Sheva, do you think if he went back to Chelsea he would accept Roman buying players he did not want? I don't.

I'm glad you mentioned cash in the bank as it's the over-riding factor in most football matters these days. Mike and Del are seen to be greedy but for some reason Nolan and Barton aren't, despite the fact they employ agents to get them the best wedge possible. Even if it's in the Championship it would seem.

£3m is a ridiculous fee, certainly. £6m would be the minimum for me. Have to wonder why Stoke aren't in for him, with their Delap "corners" at every throw-in and big Jones up front, Nolan would be absolutely perfect for them and would be worth every penny, even at an inflated price.

Also agree that it's far too big a risk to let him go at this point of the transfer window when we've not signed anyone. We need to bring in at least 2 attacking players plus seal the Cabaye transfer before looking to offload him.

Is Del seen as greedy? I am pretty sure most people just see him as a prize prick.

I don't know what Nolan demands are is it a pay increase,longer term deal or both. As for Barton I thought he was willing to stay for less than what he is on now but Pards made it clear that something had went on  previous to him arriving "There was a lot of history between Joey and the board before I arrived." I guess that could be when they were trying to flog him & Barton texted Jim White on SSN to say he was going nowhere.

"despite the fact they employ agents to get them the best wedge possible" I would be surprised if there were any top flight footballers without agents tbf or any of our new signings were not represented by agents.

"Even if it's in the Championship it would seem." I don't know what you mean. Is it that they got paid the same amount of money when we got relegated like every other member of the squad did due to fact no NUFC player had a relegation clause in there contract.