Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

What he needs is to stay. He wants to play for Newcastle, he has passion, he's a leader, a good bloke and can score ( a lot of) goals.

:thup:

He also likely looking for a contract that will take him up to his 33rd birthday. (He's 29 this month and his current deal runs out a month before his 31st birthday)

You can see why Ashley isn't going to be giving him what effectively is another three years on top of his current deal. Barton is similar in a way although he has 12 months remaining and in reality Ashley likely doesn't want to go much beyond a two year extension taking Barton up to being 32?

I'd think then 1 yr extensions as per Wengers solution to over 30's. If they earn it they'll get it.

Guest BooBoo

I don't think it's as simple as being able to sell Nolan now that we have Cabaye. Nolan's club captain, has a genuine feel for the club and has made a huge contribution in the last two seasons. Yes Cabaye is highly rated but then so was Christian Bassedas. There's no guarantee that Cabaye will settle and shine in the English league.

I think it'll foolhardy to get rid of Nolan, a cornerstone of the team spirit at the club and nowhere near as bad as some of the hystericals like to make out.

I don't think it's as simple as being able to sell Nolan now that we have Cabaye. Nolan's club captain, has a genuine feel for the club and has made a huge contribution in the last two seasons. Yes Cabaye is highly rated but then so was Christian Bassedas. There's no guarantee that Cabaye will settle and shine in the English league.

I think it'll foolhardy to get rid of Nolan, a cornerstone of the team spirit at the club and nowhere near as bad as some of the hystericals like to make out.

:nods:

Perhaps if they fail with this bid they'll offer £1.75m for Tiote.

I'd accept that tbh.

As long as they had a clause where they paid us an extra £1m for each yellow card he picks up during the length of his contract.

:thup:

Whilst I agree with everything you say, I don't think losing him would be anywhere near as bad as some of the hystericals at the other end of the scale like to make out.

They're clearly on the bones if their seer if that's all they can muster up. Would never say the deal won't go through but they'd need to triple it before it would even be considered.

Part ex for Cole could be a goer maybe?

They're clearly on the bones if their seer if that's all they can muster up. Would never say the deal won't go through but they'd need to triple it before it would even be considered.

Part ex for Cole could be a goer maybe?

:tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote: :tiote:

Whilst I agree with everything you say, I don't think losing him would be anywhere near as bad as some of the hystericals at the other end of the scale like to make out.

Who's hysterical?

And Otter - spot on.

Why can't we just have squad depth for once  :lol:

It'll just be the wage bill, more than anything. It's fair enough wanting strength in depth, but difficult to justify when you have backup players taking home £50k per week. Ideally we would keep Nolan and Barton, but in the board's eyes they may now be taking up wage space that could be better spent on other areas of the team. I bet having Smith there for such a long period while contributing nothing on the field has been a major pain in their knackers.

I fully understand it was Ashley who sanctioned Nolan and Barton's contracts in the first-place like... and Smith's... but I can also see why they would prefer to keep the likes of Guthrie and Gosling ahead of those players, while not sacrificing too much in the way of on-field quality if they are called upon to play.

Basically, ideal world as supporters we keep them, ideal world as a thrifty owner you peddle them and hope it doesn't destabilise things too much.

West Ham: "Hello Mike, we'd like to make a £1.5m base price bid plus £1.5 in add ons for Kevin Nolan."

Newcastle: "You would like to make a £1.5m bid plus £1.5 in add ons for Alan Smith, I think we have a deal."

West Ham: "No, Nolan."

Newcastle: "Alan Smith, yes."

West Ham: "No, N-O-L-A-N."

Newcastle: "S-M-I-T-H."

West Ham: "Damn it we want Nolan"

Newcastle: "Hold on I'll get Consuela...........                                                                              

http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/3/0/9/3/7/3/2/MTS2_Qahne_1126303_02.jpg

......Ola."

West Ham: "We would like to buy Nolan."

Newcastle (Consuela): "Ah no, no no no no no no."

People need to accept that whoever we sign Nolan will start every game when fit next season if he's still here, and he will deserve his place for being a good player and a good leader.

People need to accept that whoever we sign Nolan will start every game when fit next season if he's still here, and he will deserve his place for being a good player and a good leader.

No player should be guarenteed to start every game, ever.