Telegraph: Leeds 'interested' in Alan Smith

Decky

Guest neesy111

Christ, this is worse than the Nolan thread :lol:

You're more than welcome to contribute and defend Smith if you think he deserves defending.

Doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Nolan on or off the pitch, but still a vital part of the team spirit - can't find a good a reason to change the team following the first 3 games but would happily drop him for the next game as yesterday's performance wasn't all that great.

Team Spirit, while it's good, it's ability and quality what win's you games mainly!

http://xspblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bfo-rlmente.jpg

Have we already forgotten...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00681/Michael_Owen_681766a.jpg

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Aston+Villa+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+League+sgYw37oxQLsl.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/27/article-0-05D7889C000005DC-630_468x306.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_02/096dyer_468x358.jpg

http://images.smh.com.au/ftsmh/ffximage/2009/01/30/470joekinnear-nzogbia.jpg

The decision is appoint Kinnear is what took us down really.

4 wins in 18 games while he was here, I doubt he'd have done much better than Hughton and Shearer/Dowie afterwards. It was obvious it was the players that were the problem, rather than who was in the dugout.

Guest neesy111

No it wasn't, if Kinnear was here from the day he was appointed to the end of the season we'd have stayed up easily imo.

How? The players hated him.  We hadn't won for 7 games before he had his heart problem.

Guest neesy111

4 wins in 18 games while he was here, I doubt he'd have done much better than Hughton and Shearer/Dowie afterwards. It was obvious it was the players that were the problem, rather than who was in the dugout.

They contributed to the problem though.  The way in which kinnear set up the team and training was awful.  I remember martins saying how they would work 4 days out of 5 a week just on defence.  It's probably no reason why the team looked devoid of ideas upfront.

No it wasn't, if Kinnear was here from the day he was appointed to the end of the season we'd have stayed up easily imo.

How? The players hated him.  We hadn't won for 7 games before he had his heart problem.

We didn't look in too bad a position though. I reckon in those games Hughton/Calderwood took charge of we'd have gained at least an extra 2 points under Kinnear and he'd have probably gained at least an extra couple from Shearer's games.

He might have been a clueless twat but if he stayed till May there'd have been far less 'turmoil' or 'uncertainty' or whatever you want to call it surrounding the club. He was a stabilising influence on the club, that's pretty much all I can say positive about the man.

He was poor against Wolves (from what I've heard) and was absolutely atrocious yesterday. He's had his chance, but that penalty he gave away yesterday was unforgivable. Why throw yourself into a challenge in the penalty area? Complete joke.

Guest neesy111

We didn't look in too bad a position though. I reckon in those games Hughton/Calderwood took charge of we'd have gained at least an extra 2 points under Kinnear and he'd have probably gained at least an extra couple from Shearer's games.

He might have been a clueless twat but if he stayed till May there'd have been far less 'turmoil' or 'uncertainty' or whatever you want to call it surrounding the club. He was a stabilising influence on the club, that's pretty much all I can say positive about the man.

Who know's what would of happened.  But in the lead up to when he had his problem we put in some dire performances, and it was him that lead us to lose a quality player in Charlie N.

Remember even Ashley saw what a buffoon he was and didn't allow him to come back at the club at all.

Guest neesy111

Who know's what would of happened.

wat

Who knows what could have happened if Kinnear had stayed for the rest of the season.  Read what pilko is on about.

• 3 months later...
“He’s a good player and forget any affinity he has with the club in the past. If you get a player of Alan Smith’s ability then obviously you would have to be inter sted. We are in the market to make us better.”

“We’ve been linked with many players. Smith, Woodgate, Kaka, Messi! Smith is a good player, Woodgate is a good player and we want good players at this club. They have fantastic footballing ability, experience and know-how.”

“People would have different opinions on bringing back any ex-player, whether it’s Smith, Woodgate or Harry Kewell. I’ll sign players based on what they can do for the club.”

A bit late, but yes, you are probably right.

However, had we survived that season, Kinnear would have stayed on and we would, without a doubt, have been relegated last season, and our team would probably have been worse than it was last year.

As for Smith to Leeds: :celb: Shame it's just talk about a loan.

Reckon they'll manage to meet in the middle and he takes the paycut/Leeds'll pay enough? Have to say it'd be a great move for him considering there's a good chance they could be back in the PL next season.

EDIT: Only a loan? Meh. My biggest issue is getting him off the wagebill, getting him out of the team in general doesn't excite me much considering we barely have to see him anyway.