Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

I honestly think it will be Routledge and Smith for Tiote and Ben Arfa

I think that's exactly what Hughton will do.

Moving Jonas to the right?

Ben Arfa didn't stay on the wing much on Saturday like, he just drifted all over the place.

I think Routledge is the easier player for Hughton to drop.

He kept him on for longer than Jonas on Saturday though.

Ben Arfa shouldn't be on the wing anyway, he should be given a free role to do whatever the fuck he wants.

I honestly think it will be Routledge and Smith for Tiote and Ben Arfa

I think that's exactly what Hughton will do.

Moving Jonas to the right?

Ben Arfa didn't stay on the wing much on Saturday like, he just drifted all over the place.

aye but thats cos we ended up playing 3 up front with ben arfa in a kind of free role

AMEOBI    CARROLL    LOVEN

BEN ARFA

that didn't really work, whatever you say about Shola, left wing/forward isn't really his strength!

Same. I didn't think much of him against Blackpool - not that we used him enough.

Still think he troubles the opposition more than Jonas does like. Mainly due to his pace.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Everton will be strongest down their left, which is the wing we are defensively weakest imo. Pienaar will cut inside and Baines will overlap and put crosses in. Perch could have a mare tbh.

Maybe move Jonas to RW to track Baines and put Barfa on the left. I'd think he'd take the piss out of Hibbert all day.

I reckon Colo will get mugged by Cahill as well so i'd think about putting Campbell in.

.............Harper...........

Perch..Williamson..Campbell..Jose

Jonas....DM......Barton.....Barfa

..............Nolan...................

.............Carroll....................

Routledge to come on for Nolan when he's legs go.

Whoever's DM has to get into Pienaar as soon as he cuts in. Jonas and Perch to smother Baines. Everton don't seem to have much down the right (our left) and maybe with Jose and Barfa bombing on we'd get some good balls in.

My tuppence.

Same. I didn't think much of him against Blackpool - not that we used him enough.

Still think he troubles the opposition more than Jonas does like. Mainly due to his pace.

Our arguably best chance of the match came from a free-kick that he won.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

im glad perch is suspended tbh dont think i could handle watching him :lol:

Harper

R.Taylor Williamson Colo Jose

Routledge Barton Nolan Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

is what i think hughton will play

Huh?

Looking at the coming fixtures this Saturday, there's every chance we could be in the bottom 3 come close of play.

Wouldn't worry about it at this stage. We're already in the bottom 3 and Blackpool are in the top 4.

Guest Tall Striker

Looking at the coming fixtures this Saturday, there's every chance we could be in the bottom 3 come close of play.

Wouldn't worry about it at this stage. We're already in the bottom 3 and Blackpool are in the top 4.

It's a mental thing for us though. You know you'll be alright and we know we'll struggle. The key for us is staying outside of the relegation zone right from the start. The fear is that once we drop into it we'll never come back out.

We lost at home to Blackpool therefore the team must change.

Krul

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Tiote

Barton Smith

Nolan

Carroll Ben Arfa

But if Carroll needs a couple of weeks to let his ankle fully recover, play Shola.

Krul

Tiote

Barton Smith

Nolan

Carroll Ben Arfa

But if Carroll needs a couple of weeks to let his ankle fully recover, play Shola.

:suicide: ^1000

:suicide: ^10 000

Krul

Tiote

Barton Smith

Nolan

Carroll Ben Arfa

:suicide: ^1000

:suicide: ^10 000

What ever she said

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2010/09/14/horne-newcastle-result-crucial?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Horne%3A+Newcastle+Result+Crucial

“They come with big support but that’s about all really. They had a fluke result against Villa but if you look at the team, by and large it’s very similar to the one that went down.

“There’s been a lot of hype about Andy Carroll, I’ve watched him for two or three years in the Under 18s and the reserves and to be honest I think for top class players like Distin and Jagielka I don’t think he really is that much of a threat.”

:facepalm:

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2010/09/14/horne-newcastle-result-crucial?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Horne%3A+Newcastle+Result+Crucial

“They come with big support but that’s about all really. They had a fluke result against Villa but if you look at the team, by and large it’s very similar to the one that went down.

“There’s been a lot of hype about Andy Carroll, I’ve watched him for two or three years in the Under 18s and the reserves and to be honest I think for top class players like Distin and Jagielka I don’t think he really is that much of a threat.”

:facepalm:

It's good that they feel that way. They'll get frustrated if we manage to keep them out long enough.

It's difficult to tell how Everton will line up as they'll obviously see us an entirely different beast to Man United. By far their most dangerous players are Arteta and Pinaar. It's not as simple as marking them out the game because they tend to float all over the place, particularly Arteta. Having said that Cahill has got into a rather annoying habit of notching against us however his movement and role in the team is far more predictable than the latter two.

I wouldn't surprised to see Fellani dropped back into midfield and Heitinga dropped back into defence to replace the suspect Distin, that would most likely see Yakubu up front with Cahill, who caused the Mancs all kinds of problems. If he's up for it we really need to stick Big Mike on him because there's no way Colo will be able to handle is physical presence. However Moyes does seem somewhat reluctant to play him due to his lack of effort which will see us breath a little easier.

For me there's no way we can compete in that midfield, not many can. Everton have dominated most this season and they are where they are due to a failure to convert dominance into goals, we need to hope for the same. However we need to think about weaknesses on the counter. The first is Hibbert. Arteta who seems to play on the right tends to drift inside a lot exposing Hibbert who although competent isn't great. If we can get Jonas and Jose to have a go down the flank I think we can get a bit of joy down that left hand side. Similarly Distin does not look confident at all. He's usually better than his Manc performance suggests but he's still more vulnerable than Jagielka. I have a feeling Moyes will drop Heitinga back into defence to replace him but that remains to be seen.  If this isn't the case we need Carroll to be as aggressive as possible, he didn't look up for it at all against Man United.

The biggest worry for me is our right hand side, frankly I can see Baines and Pinaar having a field day against Perch and I can see them targeting it as a particular weakness. Overall I think they will have far too much quality in the middle, we need to work our socks off and hope their recent trend of failing to capitalise on their possession continues.

It's difficult to tell how Everton will line up as they'll obviously see us an entirely different beast to Man United. By far their most dangerous players are Arteta and Pinaar. It's not as simple as marking them out the game because they tend to float all over the place, particularly Arteta. Having said that Cahill has got into a rather annoying habit of notching against us however his movement and role in the team is far more predictable than the latter two.

I wouldn't surprised to see Fellani dropped back into midfield and Heitinga dropped back into defence to replace the suspect Distin, that would most likely see Yakubu up front with Cahill, who caused the Mancs all kinds of problems. If he's up for it we really need to stick Big Mike on him because there's no way Colo will be able to handle is physical presence. However Moyes does seem somewhat reluctant to play him due to his lack of effort which will see us breath a little easier.

For me there's no way we can compete in that midfield, not many can. Everton have dominated most this season and they are where they are due to a failure to convert dominance into goals, we need to hope for the same. However we need to think about weaknesses on the counter. The first is Hibbert. Arteta who seems to play on the right tends to drift inside a lot exposing Hibbert who although competent isn't great. If we can get Jonas and Jose to have a go down the flank I think we can get a bit of joy down that left hand side. Similarly Distin does not look confident at all. He's usually better than his Manc performance suggests but he's still more vulnerable than Jagielka. I have a feeling Moyes will drop Heitinga back into defence to replace him but that remains to be seen.  If this isn't the case we need Carroll to be as aggressive as possible, he didn't look up for it at all against Man United.

The biggest worry for me is our right hand side, frankly I can see Baines and Pinaar having a field day against Perch and I can see them targeting it as a particular weakness. Overall I think they will have far too much quality in the middle, we need to work our socks off and hope their recent trend of failing to capitalise on their possession continues.

I can see Hughton employing two holding midfielders for this one, as he did in some away games last season. Hopefully that'll be Barton sitting deeper alongside Tiote but more likely is Barton dropped and Smith playing alongside Tiote.

If that is the case then we'll most probably be looking to counter-attack which gives Hughton the ideal opportunity to play the more pacy Ben Arfa behind Carroll.

.................................Harper

Perch...........Colo...................Williamson.........Jose

...................Smith..................Tiote

Routeldge...................................................Jonas

................................Ben Arfa

................................Carroll

Or, I could be way off the mark.