Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Jonas is unpredictable in a good way I think. In that opposition defenders dont know what to expect from him. He plays a massive role in this team and I woud personally be very worried if we lost him through injury or something.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Jonas, he works so hard, yeah okay could create more but he never lets us down.. he worked so hard to help Jose yesterday between them they took Theo out of the game.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Jonas, he works so hard, yeah okay could create more but he never lets us down.. he worked so hard to help Jose yesterday between them they took Theo out of the game.

Good post, nothing more to add than that. :thup:

Guest neesy111

I like him but he literally has no idea what to do with a football.

Haway man, that's ridiculous.

Is it? I use the ball better than him, ffs.

I'd probably agree with this actually.

Give Chris a call then, we could use you.

I'm with Keefaz on this like. His vision is pretty horrible, but he's got other qualities that makes up for it.

He's been good for us this season, especially since HBA got injured.

You seen a lot of Keefaz playing at the highest level?

Barton for England and Jonas doesn't know what to do with the football. What's gan on Keefaz?

Compare and contrast the performances of Barton and Gutierrez in the past 3 matches. Simple as that.

Both have played well.

No doubt, but Barton has played almost every incisive pass, put in almost every decent delivery.

I'm with Keefaz on this like. His vision is pretty horrible, but he's got other qualities that makes up for it.

I'm not trying to say his 'vision' is great, that's not his game.

If we want vision then he's obviously not the player. If we get a player with vision for the LW then he would likely lack other things that Jonas has... pace, energy, workrate, carrying the ball forward  occupying defenders etc.

I don't see the point in criticising him for lack of vision, we know he's not a world-class playmaker.

I have and what I saw was beautiful.

I have and what I saw was beautiful.

:lol:

Barton for England and Jonas doesn't know what to do with the football. What's gan on Keefaz?

Compare and contrast the performances of Barton and Gutierrez in the past 3 matches. Simple as that.

Both have played well.

No doubt, but Barton has played almost every incisive pass, put in almost every decent delivery.

Barton doesn't carry the ball as well as Jonas or put in as much of a shift defensively though (although he has worked hard).

If we want vision then he's obviously not the player. If we get a player with vision for the LW then he would likely lack other things that Jonas has... pace, energy, workrate, carrying the ball forward  occupying defenders etc.

I don't see the point in criticising him for lack of vision, we know he's not a world-class playmaker.

You need vision to play on the wing as well, different type of vision from that of a playmaker, but still vision.

Wasn't that the point of Keefaz's post though? That he can't see what he is supposed to with the ball once he gets it?

Good post, nothing more to add than that. :thup:

Agreed.

You need vision to play on the wing as well, different type of vision from that of a playmaker, but still vision.

Wasn't that the point of Keefaz's post though? That he can't see what he is supposed to with the ball once he gets it?

That's it in a nutshell. He needs to stop hiding: at the moment he seems scared to release the ball in case he loses possession. It's no way to play, man.

Jonas has literally made goals out of nothing in the past two games. One he ran into the bow with three men on him and won a penalty. Two ran at the Arsenal defense with no one ahead of him and won the free kick that led to the Carroll goal.