Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Heard a bad rumour about his health a month or two ago. Not something you would want to spread as hear'say but it's kind of worrying that nobody knows whats going on. Is he still training with the club as that would pretty much confirm the rumour as false.

I think you may have been right:

The Looney Toon retweeted

Samuel ‏@ecanalla  7m

Jonás Gutiérrez on @TyCSports : "I got my left testicle removed in Argentina. When I came back to England, [Pardew] told me to leave." Wow.

Wow. Horrible news on Jonas. Get well soon, man. Livestrong!

Also, horrible treatment of the club if it's really like he's said.

Good players, bad players - doesn't matter - everyone needs every bit of support during times like these.

Edit: Just read on .com that it was meant that he was allowed to leave for recovery with his contract honoured. If that's the case than it's alright.

Interesting that they've chosen to add that caveat when that's certainly not the way Jonas is telling it.

The radiotherapy treatment for testicular cancer can damage / destroy the hip joints.  Possibly this could be career ending for Jonas.

All you younger guys should be checking regularly for anything that feels different down there!!  Wake up call....

Just woke up to this. My god poor Jonas. Shocking news and that photo is gut wrenching.All the best Jonas hope you live long and strong. Now it's out in the public domain sure he will receive massive support from the fans.

Still don't get the bit about the fact the guy had an op for cancer late last year ? October and in January he was told he could leave without any explanation. I remember his interviews at the time and how upset he was. No wonder Colo has been playing like shit. Seeing his great friend just recover from a cancer op and then being told to leave the club. Sad thing is no matter what the club say in mitigation, I won't believe them.

What a state of affairs. Anyway what a fanstatic guy and fingers crossed despite the cancer spreading they manage to work their magic and get Jonas back to good health. Howay bonny lad, we're all behind you.

Guest Roger Kint

Jesus. :(

Good luck Jonas.

A round of applause in the 18th minute would be great.

no

Why not?

Already do the 17th minute, nobody would notice it was for Jonas if it continued, most would give up as well

Awful news to see first thing on a morning. He's been a fantastic servant to the club that's always given everything despite his limitations and deserves some sort of tribute or gesture to support him while he's going through this.

Jesus. :(

Good luck Jonas.

A round of applause in the 18th minute would be great.

no

Why not?

Already do the 17th minute, nobody would notice it was for Jonas if it continued, most would give up as well

Agreed, Although I do think (and hope) it will happen anyhoo.

Guest Roger Kint

so instead of applause on the 18th minute (which were  be merged with the 17th minute applause), something else ... shout for 'Jonas' for one minute, or Spiderman theme ...

Better option would be to sing his song straight after the minutes applause(assuming it still goes on now)

Breaks up a 2 minute clap and ensures people know what it is for

People need to calm down a bit about this and not let the anti-Pardew sentiment affect this.

I have read elsewhere that it was explained that Jonas wanted to go back to Argentina for treatment so he could discuss things with his Dr in Spanish and he didn't mind forking out for this himself.

Apparently it was kept under wraps with Coloccini and a few other Argentinian players knowing about it.

The club could have easily have said 'go and sort yourself out', hence the possibly lost in translation bit of Pardew telling him to leave (i.e. go home). Tbh I'd be surprised if anyone in the club was that callous to do something like people are thinking, especially after the way the handled the Liam and John situation. Most people seem to know or at least speculate that Jonas isn't getting played because of his contract.

Just by mis-interpreting what was written things could be taken an entirely different way so I think we need to wait for a bit more info before hammering the club for this.