Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Sick of reading about how good he would be with a final ball. He's a super athlete and an atrocious footballer and folk are just going to have to come to terms with this. Hopefully with him sitting on the bench till the 75th minute.

There is nobody else on the books to play there. You're just going to have to come to terms with this.

Guest Wally_McFool

Sick of reading about how good he would be with a final ball. He's a super athlete and an atrocious footballer and folk are just going to have to come to terms with this. Hopefully with him sitting on the bench till the 75th minute.

Pillock  ;D

He's had all sorts of abuse on here "not a footballer" etc. But I like him, he's not a conventional wide player but he is a constant threat down our left that the other side cannot ignore. He draws in opposing defenders, wins free kicks and takes the pressure off our defence. He does a good job for us imo.

Nail on head.

:thup:

His shocking stats at PL level and average stats at Championship level tell you everything you need to know. I'd keep him for the sake of keeping our two best defenders happy. But from a playing perspective, someone like Ben Arfa or N'zogbia would improve us massively by replacing him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

His shocking stats at PL level and average stats at Championship level tell you everything you need to know. I'd keep him for the sake of keeping our two best defenders happy. But from a playing perspective, someone like Ben Arfa or N'zogbia would improve us massively by replacing him.

Assist/goal stats doesn't determine how effective a player is.

Assist/goal stats doesn't determine how effective a player is.

Well they do, but not solely.

They don't tell you everything you need to know in any way, shape or form.

When it comes to Jonas big Ron know's what he's on about.

He's s***e

Pretty much what I want to say every time I see this thread at the top of the page. Can't believe this guy was ever an Argie international, he must have been such a different player then.

(And I don't mean at RB)

When it comes to Jonas big Ron know's what he's on about.

He's s***e

Pretty much what I want to say every time I see this thread at the top of the page. Can't believe this guy was ever an Argie international, he must have been such a different player then.

(And I don't mean at RB)

I can see what people mean when they say he relieves pressure on the defence and he's our only player who can run with the ball. Yes that's true.

But call me old fashioned if i want a proffesional footballer who can take people on without needing his FB and cross a ball into the box without it travelling on the floor or slicing it out for a goal kick.

Guest EastEndGeordie

TBH at this current time with our current wage budget, wingers who are better than Jonas are very scarce. At the current time I'd take Jonas either on the bench as a sub for Ben Arfa or starting whilst BA is injured.

He relieves pressure alright but any winger at any club should be doing that as a matter of course, part and parcel of the position. It's pretty much everything else that seems to let him down. That said I've often thought he looked a tad more effective given the freedom to roam. Enrique seems to cover the whole wing quite effectively on his own anyway.

Guest Nikos34

Jonas is fantastic for us and that is a FACT. Any of you who slag him off either don't watch most of our games or you simply do not have a clue.

Football is not a matter of opinion. We wouldn't be half as good if he wasn't in our team.

Jonas is fantastic for us and that is a FACT. Any of you who slag him off either don't watch most of our games or you simply do not have a clue.

Football is not a matter of opinion. We wouldn't be half as good if he wasn't in our team.

Huh?

Jonas has been very good last 2 games, when Enrique plays well, so does Jonas, they are a match made in Heaven.

His crossing was great against Arsenal, he has the ability but seems to get confused when in certain scenarios, he doesn't know what to do, whether that be between shooting or crossing or crossing high with power or without power, or crossing low or high.

He's an odd one, strangest winger I've ever seen but he makes us a better team.